sharetrader
Page 629 of 840 FirstFirst ... 129529579619625626627628629630631632633639679729 ... LastLast
Results 6,281 to 6,290 of 8398

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Jeez TRA will go over 2 bucks this week

Great recovery ...hope a few on here have made zillions
    after hours of reading and crunching numbers (lucky i'm enjoying the geekery as a new hobby!) i bought a tiny position at $1.63 on 29 May. Tiny in dollars (compared to zillions), about 15% of my portfolio, still have 25% in cash so obviously way too conservative and now I can't find many places to buy that don't feel like too many eggs in one basket...

Quote Originally Posted by tommy_d View Post
    after hours of reading and crunching numbers (lucky i'm enjoying the geekery as a new hobby!) i bought a tiny position at $1.63 on 29 May. Tiny in dollars (compared to zillions), about 15% of my portfolio, still have 25% in cash so obviously way too conservative and now I can't find many places to buy that don't feel like too many eggs in one basket...
    your be happy to read this

China's Auto Sales Grow Further in May

June 8 -- China's auto sales in May are estimated to reach 2.14 million units, up 11.7 percent year on year, indicating a growth for two consecutive months in the country's auto market, an industrial association said

https://www.yicaiglobal.com/news/chi...further-in-may

so looks like in china auto sales have rebounded quite quickly following there covid lockdown open up
    one step ahead of the herd

Attached in the image are the NZ Used Car Change of Ownership numbers for May from NZTA. Overall down by 17% in May 2020 v May 2019...which does highlight the difference between New Car market and Used Car market.

I have also attached a link to an article in Autofile (an industry publication) which gives a little more drill down into the used import numbers for May https://autofile.co.nz/sales-of-used...s-bounce-back-

Attachment 11696

Quote Originally Posted by toddhunter View Post
    Attached in the image are the NZ Used Car Change of Ownership numbers for May from NZTA. Overall down by 17% in May 2020 v May 2019...which does highlight the difference between New Car market and Used Car market.

I have also attached a link to an article in Autofile (an industry publication) which gives a little more drill down into the used import numbers for May https://autofile.co.nz/sales-of-used...s-bounce-back-

Attachment 11696
    cheers , whats turners correlation to these NZTA figures?

We will give some insight as to how we have performed relative to the market in our FY20 Annual Results Presentation on Thursday morning for April and May. Unfortunately that is all I can say at this point Bull.

Hopefully we can recover and grow further from this turners is an iconic brand in Nz used car market

Membaa

Massive 379% rebound in Trader-to-Public vehicle registrations from April low, May number still 22% off January figures (1942 less registrations). That's still quite the rebound though!

Attachment 11698 Attachment 11697

ships importing vehicles coming from overseas are well down compared to last year as well. hoping there presentation provides some good insights of how turners correlates in there sales to all the national data.

i traded the stock of the lows but exited last week. but am interested again depending on outlook for there debt as well as sales. I notice someone else is accumulating
    Last edited by bull....; 15-06-2020 at 02:42 PM.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by bull.... View Post
    ships importing vehicles coming from overseas are well down compared to last year as well. hoping there presentation provides some good insights of how turners correlates in there sales to all the national data.

i traded the stock of the lows but exited last week. but am interested again depending on outlook for there debt as well as sales. I notice someone else is accumulating
    Don't forget about all those rentals for sale. Don't need the ships.

Quote Originally Posted by RTM View Post
    Don't forget about all those rentals for sale. Don't need the ships.
    Plenty of those starting to make their way into the market.

Interesting that so far, they are selling the late model cars in their fleet - 2018 onwards.

Guess they think that potential buyers of new cars will be attracted by the 20% to 40% discounts (against new car prices) they are advertising the ex-rentals at.