sharetrader
Page 630 of 840 FirstFirst ... 130530580620626627628629630631632633634640680730 ... LastLast
Results 6,291 to 6,300 of 8398

Definitely starting to impact the market. People need to be careful though. Are you better off getting a 2018-2019 ex rental for ~ 30% off that's been thrashed and potentially abused or negotiate 15%-25% off a brand new / or near new ultra low mileage demo vehicle ? Does the balance of the manufacturers warranty apply to ex rental vehicles given they were used commercially in the first instance ? (Make sure you get the answer to that in writing as a condition of the contract and don't take anything a salesman tells you verbally as sufficient assurance).

I'd go the brand new with a decent negotiated discount route or heavier discount for very low km demo route myself, but each to their own.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.”
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

percy

[QUOTE=Balance;822533]Plenty of those starting to make their way into the market.

Interesting that so far, they are selling the late model cars in their fleet - 2018 onwards.

Most probably committed to buying so many new cars this year.

Advanced Member

Couldn't ask for a lot more than this.
    https://www.nzx.com/announcements/354850
    Seems interesting that they can reinstate the dividend, whereas SEEKA can not.
    So much for the productive sector.

Yes a solid result. It it will be interesting to watch this one as the stimulus money runs out and the recession starts to bite hard. In the consumer confidence survey out just the other day the number of people who thought now was a good time to buy a major household item was at its lowest level since the depth's of the GFC in 2009.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.”
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    Yes a solid result. It it will be interesting to watch this one as the stimulus money runs out and the recession starts to bite hard. In the consumer confidence survey out just the other day the number of people who thought now was a good time to buy a major household item was at its lowest level since the depth's of the GFC in 2009.
    I think it will be more than just “this one” that will be interesting to watch. And I would certainly include all the retail stocks. Nevertheless...one step at a time. The dividend stream for the most part has remained pretty much on track.

glad i brought back in yesterday but couldnt get all the stock i wanted.
    was saying if they did a div price would shoot up.

this from car sales yesterday made me buy back in

There is evidence of a spike in people on the hunt to buy their first car or a second vehicle for the household, courtesy of updated financials from Carsales on Wednesday.
    At the height of the lockdown, Carsales experienced a 25 per cent drop off in lead volumes. Over the past three weeks the reversal of this retreat has been so marked that volumes are up "strongly" against the corresponding three weeks from last year, according to the company.
    Such was the bounce back in demand as social distancing restrictions were eased that inventory levels on the Carsales website began to fall.
    The online car marketplace attributes the increased demand, in part, to the public's fear of using public transport.

https://www.theage.com.au/business/c...17-p553ld.html
    Last edited by bull....; 18-06-2020 at 10:03 AM.
    one step ahead of the herd

Love turners load up before now is my New hen keep producing eggs in the future

Quote Originally Posted by RTM View Post
    I think it will be more than just “this one” that will be interesting to watch. And I would certainly include all the retail stocks. Nevertheless...one step at a time. The dividend stream for the most part has remained pretty much on track.
    I hear ya but there's quite a difference between buying a $25 warm winter sweatshirt because you need it and updating your car, I am sure you would agree.
    Anyway market likes the result and its springing up, wonder which retail stock will be next

Maybe Percy likes it to and is back in ?

Quote Originally Posted by golden city View Post
    Love turners load up before now is my New hen keep producing eggs in the future
    gross dividend 9% from turners vrs 2% in the bank
    one step ahead of the herd

percy

Well done Turners.
    As expected an excellent result,for the year ended 31st March.
    The divie is a big surprise.
    No I have not brought back in.
    Perhaps I will this time next year, should this year's result warrant it.
    Last edited by percy; 18-06-2020 at 11:41 AM.