sharetrader
Page 657 of 840 FirstFirst ... 157557607647653654655656657658659660661667707757 ... LastLast
Results 6,561 to 6,570 of 8398
    Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Biscuit View Post
    The board and leadership team looks the same as the way I buy trousers - find a couple that fit and look ok and buy a half a dozen the same - not much into diversity are they?
    Better than making token appointments, just to create false impression of diversity, for whatever use that may be.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Grimy View Post
    Not confirmed, but NZAI -New Zealand Automotive Investments, who own 2 Cheap Cars (who import about 8% of all used cars) tipped for a NZX listing.
    Interesting, given these guys (2 cheap cars) are probably going to be hit fairly hard by new fuel efficiency standards for imports that the government is soon to implement. The impact being they won't be quite as cut price as they are currently which means the pricing they target (the very bottom end of buyers) might disappear and merge into the slightly higher priced range. Good time for them to cash out to some degree.
    Last edited by LaserEyeKiwi; 18-02-2021 at 09:16 AM.

percy

Quote Originally Posted by Grimy View Post
    Not confirmed, but NZAI -New Zealand Automotive Investments, who own 2 Cheap Cars (who import about 8% of all used cars) tipped for a NZX listing.
    Honestly the 2Cheap Cars brand is mud. Compared to Turners which is diamonds.
    The reason 2Cheap Cars did their own finance in the end is because UDC Finance and others blocked them using their dealer finance solutions due to the potential reputational risk.

They have their own place in the market catering to different demographics.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    mmm, looks like they have a diverse board.

They will do well because of that, wont they?

percy

Quote Originally Posted by Getty View Post
    mmm, looks like they have a diverse board.

They will do well because of that, wont they?
    Only if they are also large shareholders,otherwise it is luck of the draw,in my opinion .

percy

Quote Originally Posted by Rawz View Post
    Honestly the 2Cheap Cars brand is mud. Compared to Turners which is diamonds.
    The reason 2Cheap Cars did their own finance in the end is because UDC Finance and others blocked them using their dealer finance solutions due to the potential reputational risk.

They have their own place in the market catering to different demographics.
    I share your view/comments.

The board and leadership team looks the same as the way I buy trousers - find a couple that fit and look ok and buy a half a dozen the same - not much into diversity are they?
    Interesting the way women want equal representation on boards but aren't interested in the dirty work that makes the business tick. Nearly all men there.

Quote Originally Posted by Nor View Post
    Interesting the way women want equal representation on boards but aren't interested in the dirty work that makes the business tick. Nearly all men there.
    In NZ apparently 40% of car sales people are women (bit surprising that, as I don't think I've ever met one) - maybe they are just out the back making the coffee?

https://www.payscale.com/research/NZ...sperson/Salary

In NZ apparently 40% of car sales people are women (bit surprising that, as I don't think I've ever met one) - maybe they are just out the back making the coffee?

https://www.payscale.com/research/NZ...sperson/Salary
    Board make up should reflect workforce make up?