sharetrader
Page 695 of 840 FirstFirst ... 195595645685691692693694695696697698699705745795 ... LastLast
Results 6,941 to 6,950 of 8398
    Advanced Member

I love this company.

One question for fellow holders / or the sensational management team - has TRA ever contemplated a dividend reinvestment plan? I wish I had the discpline to reinvest every dividend but life gets in the way or I wait until I have enough funds to make it worthwhile relative to the brokerage - a DRIP would be awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by Fiordland Moose View Post
    I love this company.

One question for fellow holders / or the sensational management team - has TRA ever contemplated a dividend reinvestment plan? I wish I had the discpline to reinvest every dividend but life gets in the way or I wait until I have enough funds to make it worthwhile relative to the brokerage - a DRIP would be awesome!
    I think that would be a good idea.

Are you in any way related to the Canadian Moose ?
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    I think that would be a good idea.

Are you in any way related to the Canadian Moose ?
    Them are my cuzzies. Haven't seen them or anyone else in decades.

Them are my cuzzies. Haven't seen them or anyone else in decades.
    Canadian Moose used to roam these parts...he's a pretty bright guy with a beautiful Golden Retriever. If you're his cuzzy maybe you're bright too
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    Canadian Moose used to roam these parts...he's a pretty bright guy with a beautiful Golden Retriever. If you're his cuzzy maybe you're bright too
    ah no direction relation. as to you your second sentence jury is still out. But my longheld admiration for TRA is a good start

Default Ask

I love this company.

You should ask that question at the AGM next week.

BTW, I don't agree; they would potentially then buy back the same number of shares on market to keep from diluting holdings and it is unlikely to be tax efficient, not to mention that the cost of the buy-back may be more than your dividend since the price is likely to go up after a bumper announcement ;-)

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jonette View Post
    You should ask that question at the AGM next week.

BTW, I don't agree; they would potentially then buy back the same number of shares on market to keep from diluting holdings and it is unlikely to be tax efficient, not to mention that the cost of the buy-back may be more than your dividend since the price is likely to go up after a bumper announcement ;-)
    aye it depends on how its structured, I guess. I must admit I haven't seen many DRIP's where there is an attendant buyback to offset dilution - is that common / can you point to examples of that? Wouldn't it just be an open market stand - IE the company would buy onmarket and cancel the shares? I'd enjoy that as a good use of capital and further tightens up the balance sheet and outstanding shares. I'm sure its case by case but that's often been tax efficient for companies. Or they could just a vanilla drip and issue more shares, get to keep the dividend to help fund growth, and sharehodlers electing the drip save on brokerage and often get a slight discount on the purchase price. Those who want income can get the income. I've selected DRIPs on nearly all my investments - love it.

I'm looking forward to tomorrow mornings online annual meeting and expecting to hear good things about trading year to date. Not expecting any guidance now because of Covid but nonetheless I'm a very happy holder and believe going forward there will be even more robust demand for families to own multiple cars, one for each persons transport requirements rather than taking potentially much riskier public transport.
    Last edited by Beagle; 08-09-2021 at 04:08 PM.

Investor

Looking forward to another juicy divvy to add to the cash pot.

Quote Originally Posted by sb9 View Post
    Looking forward to another juicy divvy to add to the cash pot.
    Surely you not holding cash mate.
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”