sharetrader
Page 700 of 840 FirstFirst ... 200600650690696697698699700701702703704710750800 ... LastLast
Results 6,991 to 7,000 of 8398

Okay fair enough I will endeavor to answer your question mate. So the 6.4% thing v 9.5%. Hard to say...maybe they were going off the profit for FY21 excluding Covid support ?

The important thing to note from last weeks annual meeting was profit was growing at 15% before the lockdown and they feel they are on track to exceed the $45m target in FY24.

For what its worth my thinking is the demand for personal transportation (as compared to public) will remain incredibly strong for the foreseeable future and the reality is that most families can't afford to buy a new car. I think they will beat $50m for FY24.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.”
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post

For what its worth my thinking is the demand for personal transportation (as compared to public) will remain incredibly strong for the foreseeable future and the reality is that most families can't afford to buy a new car. I think they will beat $50m for FY24.
    Interesting article with a few insights / charts about global car buying trends …even the comments on mobility are interesting

https://www.mckinsey.com/business-fu...vid-19?cid=app

Link should work but if not Google - Car buying is on again, and mobility is picking up
    Last edited by winner69; 13-09-2021 at 10:52 AM.
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Interesting article, thanks for sharing.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.”
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

NZ Automotive say lockdown hurting a bit

Don’t make much money do they

http://nzx-prod-s7fsd7f98s.s3-websit...115/354691.pdf
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    NZ Automotive say lockdown hurting a bit

Don’t make much money do they

http://nzx-prod-s7fsd7f98s.s3-websit...115/354691.pdf
    I guess "nomen est omen". Their brand is "2 cheap cars". Pretty clear that they can't make much profit, if they sell their cars too cheap, can they?

Good that this is not Turners problem ... ;
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

Their finance arm (NZ Motor Finance) probably going to have the same pains Oxford Finance had prior to their pivot to financing customers with a higher credit score. Not sure NZ motor Finance will be able to pivot thou- because of the target market 2 cheap cars have.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Biscuit View Post
    Sure, would worry me too, but worry is the spice of life. Its a global economy, if you don't start thinking globally what's the point of getting out of bed in the morning? Prove your model here then start the exponential global expansion. Look at MFT, and they are just a trucking company, any penniless cowboy can do it, but a well thought out, determined, strategy of a well-run kiwi company could take on international competition in overseas markets. What makes you think TRA are not as good as MFT?
    " Group 1 is an international, publicly traded Fortune 500 company that currently owns and operates 188 automotive dealerships, 242 franchises, and 48 collision centers in the United States, the United Kingdom and Brazil, and which offers 32 brands of automobiles. "

Biscuit, your suggestion still worrying me.....Above just came across my desk...yep....I'd be real nervous about Turners jumping out into the international 2nd Hand Car Sales business and trying to compete against the likes of this. And then on top of that...are they competing as a finance company or a used car retailer ?

Investor

First quarter divvy should be announced anytime now me thinks.

they got rid of the case against them even if their counterclaims werent successful.
    For clarity, nothing I say is advice....