sharetrader
Page 71 of 840 FirstFirst ... 216167686970717273747581121171571 ... LastLast
    Guru

Maybe they are in talks with South Canterbury Finance :P

That would be very unfunny. Even the Government isn't prepared to save the South Canterbury Finance mess!

Good start to trading post the moratorium ending and share issue. Last sale at 11c and buyer at 12c. Early days though.

Guru

That post moratorium trading has suprised me somewhat. I mean the chance to buy extra shares at 10 cents with attached options.... why buy them now for 12 without getting the options?

I feel a little sorry for the likes of Hotch and Watson (and by inference Hangover investors) .... if the GFC had happened a year earlier they could have had the benefit of the government guarantee as well and made hay for another few years .... just like SCF has been going for a year or two longer than they deserved

So it is all a matter of timing eh

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    I feel a little sorry for the likes of Hotch and Watson (and by inference Hangover investors) .... if the GFC had happened a year earlier they could have had the benefit of the government guarantee as well and made hay for another few years .... just like SCF has been going for a year or two longer than they deserved

So it is all a matter of timing eh
    Timing and the type of car you drive

I may be cynical here... but I still wonder how much extra time the company got with Hubbard's simple life and his famous 1971 VW.
    The powers of marketing (intentional or not) ...huh

The Annual Meeting notice arrived in my mail box on the weekend.

One of the subjects to vote on is the CEO's new pay. You have to be joking I thought,but no there it was cmplete with a justification from Campbell McPherson.

Paul Byrnes record.

A director who appointed Andrew Walker as CEO. Walker then did the best deal he had ever done. Buy into St Laurence for $30 million,subsequently written down to zero.

Took 12 months to sell Equity Investment Advisers during which time it lost value. Then sold it to the ex MD of Dorchester who he accused of shonky business practices.

When recommended that the company diverse away from finance activities five years ago,and invest in gold related funds, said"that smacks of Goldcorp to me, and then spent $30 mill in St Laurence. Gold at the time was trading at $400 an ounce.

Has taken DPC shares from over $2 to 12 cents,

In my opinion he pays no heed to the pain that shareholders and debenture holders have suffered, and the company should introduce performance based pay.

The vote will be passed because of the two majority shareholders.

LEW

Guru

Are the two biggest holders happy with this? Surely they have some influence... I know the business bakery wont be wearing a loss but Hugh Green certainly will be...

Quote Originally Posted by Hoop View Post
    Timing and the type of car you drive

I may be cynical here... but I still wonder how much extra time the company got with Hubbard's simple life and his famous 1971 VW.
    The powers of marketing (intentional or not) ...huh
    Or....... maybe SCF was just a better run company and hence was able to survive longer?

Quote Originally Posted by lewinsky View Post
    The Annual Meeting notice arrived in my mail box on the weekend.

One of the subjects to vote on is the CEO's new pay. You have to be joking I thought,but no there it was cmplete with a justification from Campbell McPherson.

Paul Byrnes record.

A director who appointed Andrew Walker as CEO. Walker then did the best deal he had ever done. Buy into St Laurence for $30 million,subsequently written down to zero.

Took 12 months to sell Equity Investment Advisers during which time it lost value. Then sold it to the ex MD of Dorchester who he accused of shonky business practices.

When recommended that the company diverse away from finance activities five years ago,and invest in gold related funds, said"that smacks of Goldcorp to me, and then spent $30 mill in St Laurence. Gold at the time was trading at $400 an ounce.

Has taken DPC shares from over $2 to 12 cents,

In my opinion he pays no heed to the pain that shareholders and debenture holders have suffered, and the company should introduce performance based pay.

The vote will be passed because of the two majority shareholders.

LEW

I agree.

Andrew Walker and the board allow St Laurance to siphon all the cash away from DPC's account.
    Having got ourselves into a debt-induced economic crisis, the only permanent way out is to reduce the debt – either directly by abolishing large slabs of it, or indirectly by inflating it away.

Guru

Any take on the half year trading result.... a small loss I see but smaller than expected... the restructuring has certainly seemed to help.... is there a future?