sharetrader
Page 714 of 840 FirstFirst ... 214614664704710711712713714715716717718724764814 ... LastLast
Results 7,131 to 7,140 of 8398

Quote Originally Posted by Fiordland Moose View Post
    Few exceptions. Skellerup - per your chart
    SKellerup must be telling a better story …..a real growth story …and valued accordingly
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

At the time you could say that about many more of the listings...bargains galore...gee I wonder why? Wonderful example of emotion, trading signals and short term horizons driving the market. Snooze you lose...I bought at 1.16 , kept having to raise my buy price and the next time my order was filled was at 1.40...so a lot of fundamental investors as well as traders would have done well. The people who sold off in a panic on the way down would be having hindsight vision as well. Most all of the the big drops on the NZX from the covid cliff have recovered and gained. So obviously the lesson is (if you are not trading), keep buying on the dips and is panic a good investing strategy?
    Quote Originally Posted by Habits View Post
    It is incredible that these shares were a buck each (ish) in the first quarter of 2020 and listed as one of the top yielding stocks then. Could be easily bought too
    www.dividendyield.co.nz
    Conservative Investing and dividend producers...get rich slowly!
    https://www.facebook.com/dividendyieldnz

I got a few at $1.60 in April 2020 during the first lockdown. Added more in the early - mid $2's later that year. Its feels really satisfying making big bucks from a car dealer as I'm normally the one paying the car dealers the big money lol
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    I got a few at $1.60 in April 2020 during the first lockdown. Added more in the mid $2's later that year. Its feels really satisfying making big bucks from a car dealer as I'm normally the one paying the car dealers the big money lol
    It looks like the best hedge you could ever have. Although the electricity IPO's were hard to beat.

Plenty of action in the car market

I suppose that for nearly every new car there's a used car somewhere

https://www.interest.co.nz/business/...ery-powered-or
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

I don't think this share needs any ramping Winner! 🤣

Advanced Member

Had an interesting discussion with local car dealer and how they are moving away from HGH lending and rather using Oxford for their simplicity. The Marac loans have recently been very difficult to deal with, as it takes up to a couple of days to allow the loan and how they require proof of income.

I’m seeing this share really taking off when the next announcement arrives as to how well they are doing. With Auckland all open the figures will most certainly take off.

Quote Originally Posted by Ggcc View Post
    Had an interesting discussion with local car dealer and how they are moving away from HGH lending and rather using Oxford for their simplicity. The Marac loans have recently been very difficult to deal with, as it takes up to a couple of days to allow the loan and how they require proof of income.

I’m seeing this share really taking off when the next announcement arrives as to how well they are doing. With Auckland all open the figures will most certainly take off.
    Its a nightmare. I have a friend that works for UDC, she told me they have created an entire new team to verify income because of the new CCCFA regulations. Cant see how Oxford can get around the extra admin?

HMY have their cool technology where at application stage you log into your bank account via their system and their system talks to your bank and verifies your income. Very fast and easy for the customer and all done via machine unlike HGH/Marac, UDC or Oxford who will have humans doing it.

These damn fintechs moving in on traditional asset funders patch!!!

Best bet is to have a bob each way I reckon

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rawz View Post
    Its a nightmare. I have a friend that works for UDC, she told me they have created an entire new team to verify income because of the new CCCFA regulations. Cant see how Oxford can get around the extra admin?

HMY have their cool technology where at application stage you log into your bank account via their system and their system talks to your bank and verifies your income. Very fast and easy for the customer and all done via machine unlike HGH/Marac, UDC or Oxford who will have humans doing it.

These damn fintechs moving in on traditional asset funders patch!!!

Best bet is to have a bob each way I reckon
    All this AML and income verified is getting just ridiculous. Wouldn’t it be so easy for your accountant or lawyer to send this sort of stuff to a universal website, which all lenders could access with customer approval so that we did not have to fill in pages of information every single time. Someone created Xero with the same in mind to simplify the complicated.

Quote Originally Posted by Ggcc View Post
    All this AML and income verified is getting just ridiculous. Wouldn’t it be so easy for your accountant or lawyer to send this sort of stuff to a universal website, which all lenders could access with customer approval so that we did not have to fill in pages of information every single time. Someone created Xero with the same in mind to simplify the complicated.
    Everyone knows if you slow the supply of credit the economy slows. These regulations have been put in place to help the vulnerable from getting bad debt. Problem is normal middle class borrowers cannot get good debt!!

https://www.oneroof.co.nz/news/home-...ng-at-me-40737

"Mortgage brokers are reporting that clients who thought they had finance in the bag are being refused, sometimes after going unconditional on purchase..... The credit crunch is real, says Alexander. It started hitting borrowers towards the end of last year, with banks telling customers they had previously approved that the finance was no longer available."

All good, the regulators know what they are doing. Probably avoiding a big bubble