sharetrader
Page 715 of 840 FirstFirst ... 215615665705711712713714715716717718719725765815 ... LastLast
Results 7,141 to 7,150 of 8398
    Investor

Just like last year, I'm picking we might see an announcement re earnings upgrade later this month.

Quote Originally Posted by Rawz View Post
    Its a nightmare. I have a friend that works for UDC, she told me they have created an entire new team to verify income because of the new CCCFA regulations. Cant see how Oxford can get around the extra admin?

HMY have their cool technology where at application stage you log into your bank account via their system and their system talks to your bank and verifies your income. Very fast and easy for the customer and all done via machine unlike HGH/Marac, UDC or Oxford who will have humans doing it.

These damn fintechs moving in on traditional asset funders patch!!!

Best bet is to have a bob each way I reckon
    Happy New Year everyone...Oxford have been very early adopters of comprehensive credit scoring (this information gives us an immense amount of data on a customers payment history with credit cards, loans, utility bills etc.), we have been early adopters of tools that help automate income verification and affordability assessments, and affordability assessments and income verification have been a core part of the Oxford credit process for over 3 years now.

We made a deliberate decision to own the development and IP of our front end loan application system. This "front end" application system integrates into an "off the shelf" loan management system in the back office. This makes us much more agile, gives us control and we can be more responsive and quick in turnaround of improvements. Also the great thing about owning our own Auto Retail business is that we can test the systems internally before we role them out to the broader market.

Quote Originally Posted by Rawz View Post
    HMY have their cool technology where at application stage you log into your bank account via their system and their system talks to your bank and verifies your income. Very fast and easy for the customer and all done via machine unlike HGH/Marac, UDC or Oxford who will have humans doing it.
    No way would I log on to my bank account using someone else's computer let alone enter my credentials into someone else's application. Cool tech? Security nightmare more like.

Quote Originally Posted by toddhunter View Post
    Happy New Year everyone...Oxford have been very early adopters of comprehensive credit scoring (this information gives us an immense amount of data on a customers payment history with credit cards, loans, utility bills etc.), we have been early adopters of tools that help automate income verification and affordability assessments, and affordability assessments and income verification have been a core part of the Oxford credit process for over 3 years now.

We made a deliberate decision to own the development and IP of our front end loan application system. This "front end" application system integrates into an "off the shelf" loan management system in the back office. This makes us much more agile, gives us control and we can be more responsive and quick in turnaround of improvements. Also the great thing about owning our own Auto Retail business is that we can test the systems internally before we role them out to the broader market.
    That is very pleasing to hear Todd, thanks for your post. Especially since you started this 3 years ago- ahead of the competition! Love it

It still seems like slow season of the holiday, so let me share one of those consumer magazine situations that played out in real life for me yesterday:

Hello <Turners>,

I just wish to express my extreme disappointment with my recent interaction with Turner's Christchurch branch.

We viewed a vehicle yesterday. We were told the price was non-negotiable as it was an "on behalf of sale". I rang this afternoon to agree purchase of the vehicle. The invoice (attached) I received was for $11,730 - a surprise as the price was $10,230. I emailed back with an image (attached) taken at time of viewing showing sale price of $10,230. I then received a 15min phone call justifying why Turner's could change price.

Changing the agreed price is not the behaviour that I would align with Turner's statement:

We’re proud of our company history and our reputation as a brand to be trusted.

Do feel free to contact me for further details.

Thank you.

Hi <Hugo>

I’m sorry to hear that this has occurred. I have investigated with the branch and it appears that this was a genuine mistake, unfortunately due to human error. Given that the vehicle is not owned by Turners, there is nothing that can be done in this instance.

We sell thousands of vehicles every year without a hitch to happy customers and are justifiably proud of our record. Everyone does make mistakes however and I believe that we have been as upfront as we could be about this mistake. We will of course be doing everything we can to prevent this type of mistake from happening again.

Hi <Turners>,

Thank you for looking into this for me and for your response.

I recognise genuine mistakes are made.

However, Turners, in good faith, should honour contracts made with their customers.

Turners avoiding responsibility, by blaming their own poor process, does not amount to good faith.

Thank you.

Hugo .. I can sense your frustration / disappointment

But you know what they say about used car salesmen eh ….can’t trust the rogues

Did you end up buying the car …at the higher price?
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Hugo .. I can sense your frustration / disappointment

But you know what they say about used car salesmen eh ….can’t trust the rogues

Did you end up buying the car …at the higher price?

Nah. I had the manager who blathered on for 15 mins on speaker phone. And the wife's expressions, as she listened in, covered a wide range. Any deal now, other than that originally agreed, is off the table. ~

Advanced Member

I have bought all my cars from Turners chch and I have never had a single problem with the branch. Have not seen many “on behalf of” cars there. Seems like in this case there may have been a mix up between the owner and the intermediary (Turners). It sounds like a genuine mistake, and not some shady practice they use to extract more money from people.

You’re a tough man to please, Hugo. Hope you don’t make mistakes in your line of work.

Actually kinda petty posting here. Clearly you know Todd reads here. Manager not enough, must get your message right to the top eh

Yes, I bought a Swift with the daughter from there with no issue a couple of years back. It worked well then so that’s I went back with the boy for a repeat.