sharetrader
Page 718 of 841 FirstFirst ... 218618668708714715716717718719720721722728768818 ... LastLast
Results 7,171 to 7,180 of 8407

Just responding to Ratkin, it's surprising the number of factors that had to align, that lead to the problem. For example, we went into Turners physically to check out what they had, and get a reference from that. We then did research online to compare what was available elsewhere. If we'd done our research online first, we'd have included Turners' website and seen online the price they intended to price the vehicle at. And we would've picked up on the discrepancy, with the sticker price in the car window, when we went in to inspect. Also, another coincidence, was that there was another similar car on the lot with same sticker price. So we got busy thinking about comparison of features, etc. The pricing wasn't the only focus.
    Anyways, looking to wrap this up, did end up talking with Mr Hunter. What he likely won't mind me sharing is that he commented that I was holding Turners to a very high standard of conduct. And I agree. And what I'd also share is that I had a sorta vague sense of injustice but Todd was able to articulate the exact aspect where the issue impacted me. From my perspective. And that was the sorta turning point. Validating my perspective. So that delivered me from nursing a grievance (who wants to be a whiner?) to being back on board.
    And in summary, after that discussion, I'm more than happy to be an advocate for Turners.

Hugo must be a market mover. When Hugo's not happy Turners shares go down and when Hugo is happy they go up. Maybe us shareholders should all pitch in and get Hugo a free car from Turners lol...or speaking of cars and Hugo...maybe some KFC ?, Who on here remembers this iconic early advertisement starring Hugo ? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0dIQSEPcmFk
    Last edited by Beagle; 19-01-2022 at 02:54 PM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

I have been pondering about the CCCFA changes and the impacts it has had on the likes of Heartland/Marac and UDC.. going off what Todd said earlier regarding Oxford being an early adopter of income verification automation.. it could very well turn out to be a game changer for Oxford and advance the business forward a few years compared to its current trajectory. I.e. I hope Oxford have signed up a lot of new dealers or is getting a bigger share of finance from existing dealers..

Looking forward to seeing the numbers in the next round of reporting

Thumbs up

Well he did say Autosure has 50% of the market at the last chat. My guess is that the two are closely linked, but as you say, wait and see.

Looking forward to the dividend, forget if its tomorrow or Friday its paid and 5 cps fully imputed for the second quarter and 5 cps for the first quarter.
    Target this year seems to be 22 cps so the next 2 quarters should be 6 cps and it wouldn't surprise me if it stays at 6 cps after that, maybe about 24 cps next year fully imputed and if so that's 24/ 0.72 = 33.33 cps gross which represents a gross yield of 7.8% on today's closing share price of $4.28 Very attractive yield indeed considering this is a growth company with a clearly articulated plan to grow earnings and dividends even further in the future.

Plenty of tailwinds here...everyone will want their own personal transportation for obvious health and safety reasons.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Paid tomorrow.

Things not going to plan at NZ Automotive -

New Zealand based integrated used automotive group NZ Automotive Investments Limited (NZAI / the Company) (NZX:NZA) advises of lower than expected revenue, as a result of lower car, finance and insurance product sales during the December and early January period.

Ha ha …. TURNERS BEATING THEM HANDS DOWN
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Things not going to plan at NZ Automotive -

New Zealand based integrated used automotive group NZ Automotive Investments Limited (NZAI / the Company) (NZX:NZA) advises of lower than expected revenue, as a result of lower car, finance and insurance product sales during the December and early January period.

Ha ha …. TURNERS BEATING THEM HANDS DOWN
    Oxford must be making big gains and creaming it

From NZAI announcement: "The recent changes in the CCCFA lending standards have also impacted on finance and insurance product sales, due to time delays and consumers taking time to adjust to the new requirements."

Well done to Oxford for being early adopters of income verification technology.. well ahead of the curve

Quote Originally Posted by Rawz View Post
    Oxford must be making big gains and creaming it

From NZAI announcement: "The recent changes in the CCCFA lending standards have also impacted on finance and insurance product sales, due to time delays and consumers taking time to adjust to the new requirements."

Well done to Oxford for being early adopters of income verification technology.. well ahead of the curve
    Hear hear, well done to Todd and his senior team.