sharetrader
Page 730 of 840 FirstFirst ... 230630680720726727728729730731732733734740780830 ... LastLast
Results 7,291 to 7,300 of 8398

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    Q3 fully imputed dividend of 6 cps declared payable in just 3 weeks time, nice ! http://nzx-prod-s7fsd7f98s.s3-websit...630/367599.pdf
    Last date to buy and get the dividend is next Tuesday 5 April.
    What's going on Beagle - same as last year - no pay rise - haven't they heard about this cost of living crisis
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    What's going on Beagle - same as last year - no pay rise - haven't they heard about this cost of living crisis
    7 cps coming for the final dividend, you read it here first
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

See part of the NZA update on the NZX today:
    "The Company is continuing to experience increased costs for certain vehicles in Japan along with increased freight costs. A key driver of the increased costs in Japan has been the impact that the semi-conductor shortage is having on the new car market, which in turn is raising demand for used vehicles."

In relation to Turners, I note the following:
    1. Over 90% of their cars are locally sourced.
    2. I love the last sentence: raised demand for used vehicles.

I think the tailwinds will continue for Turners for the next few years.

And now other companies will struggle to import their used EV's after the biggest shipping company transporting them suspends EV carrying operations
    https://www.autocar.co.nz/transport-...-carrying-evs/
    Another tailwind for Tuners who buy about 90% of their cars locally.
    TRA still trades cum its 6 cent fully imputed third quarter dividend today. (ex divvy tomorrow).
    http://nzx-prod-s7fsd7f98s.s3-websit...630/367599.pdf
    Last edited by Beagle; 05-04-2022 at 03:27 PM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Fiordland Moose View Post
    Many instos were worried that trends in the Australian dealer market may flow through at some point to the NZ dealer market. There are a handful of current and brewing lawsuits from dealers suing manufacturers like Mercedes Benz for abandoning the dealer model in favour of an agency model all without compensation. 80% of merc dealers are suing Mercedes. So all that hard work & investment in developing their own brand & goodwill (eg 'armstrongs', 'gilltrap' etc) falls away with some disastrous financial consequences for the dealers. Given it was a NZX/ASX float with a focus on Aussie instos, it was pretty bold timing to contemplate an IPO with that as a backdrop and all the other challenges Beagle highlights.

For this current & near term environment TRA's business model is much more fit for purpose
    I see now Mercedes have announced they are bringing their agency model to NZ.
    No impact on our beloved TRA - but interesting re Armstrongs and their (now aborted) rush to IPO....

Its all good for TRA. Sometime in the next decade I reckon TRA pick up used car rights (aka trade ins) for one of the big manufacturers. It makes perfect sense in my mind.

TRA- priced attractively and long runway of growth ahead. Love it

Quote Originally Posted by Fiordland Moose View Post
    I see now Mercedes have announced they are bringing their agency model to NZ.
    No impact on our beloved TRA - but interesting re Armstrongs and their (now aborted) rush to IPO....
    Was always going to happen. N.Z. a minnow market for Daimler and most head office functions for our market are run out of Australia.
    I'd wager Rick Armstrong already had it confirmed that agency model would be rolled out here. How many other European manufacturers will follow suit ? Sorry Rick, the market was too smart to buy your "Pup" and the growth forecasts were laughable, (straight out of the MFB playbook).

TRA rocks on. Happy holder.
    Last edited by Beagle; 06-04-2022 at 10:35 AM.

percy

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    Was always going to happen. N.Z. a minnow market for Daimler and most head office functions for our market are run out of Australia.
    I'd wager Rick Armstrong already had it confirmed that agency model would be rolled out here. How many other European manufacturers will follow suit ? Sorry Rick, the market was too smart to buy your "Pup" and the growth forecasts were laughable, (straight out of the MFB playbook).

TRA rocks on. Happy holder.
    TRA have gone from being "the poor cousin" in the motor industry to "the Rock Star".
    In Aussie already Holden,Mercedes,and Honda dealers have been screwed.
    Rick Armstrong ,Giltrap and others now being screwed.
    Wonder whether Colonial Motor Company will be screwed at some stage.?
    Well they all had "the good years."

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    TRA have gone from being "the poor cousin" in the motor industry to "the Rock Star".
    In Aussie already Holden,Mercedes,and Honda dealers have been screwed.
    Rick Armstrong ,Giltrap and others now being screwed.
    Wonder whether Colonial Motor Company will be screwed at some stage.?
    Well they all had "the good years."
    Senior leadership team at Turners are doing a good job and firing on all cylinders.
    Last edited by Beagle; 06-04-2022 at 11:40 AM.

the chart suggests it could go to 3.70 but the fundamentals suggest no way. so support is building at 4
    i bought a few more, now 13% of equity portfolio!
    For clarity, nothing I say is advice....