sharetrader
Page 738 of 840 FirstFirst ... 238638688728734735736737738739740741742748788838 ... LastLast
Results 7,371 to 7,380 of 8398
    Guru

EV adoption likely to struggle for the next 6 years according to CNBC interviews as supply problems of critical components strike world wide production.

Maybe this second hand junk car sales auction yard has some legs yet?

Quote Originally Posted by Waltzing View Post
    EV adoption likely to struggle for the next 6 years according to CNBC interviews as supply problems of critical components strike world wide production.

Come on mate, that's a bit harsh. Turners have been helping Kiwi's buy and sell vehicles for over 50 years. I think they're building a really good business.
    Superbly managed, excellent marketing, branch network expanding, finance outlets expanding, lots to like.
    PE based on last years earnings is only 10.7 ! Arguably the best value stock on the NZX with excellent growth prospects going forward.
    Last edited by Beagle; 25-05-2022 at 05:31 PM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Quote Originally Posted by Waltzing View Post

I don't really think EV introduction is a problem for TRA. However it goes - there will be used cars to sell.

A bigger worry for TRA will be in my view:
    - inflation: consumers having less coin to spend for the next preloved car (no matter which technology). Less coin means less margin.
    - high fuel cost: consumers looking for alternative transport and having less money if they still buy the next preloved car.
    - environmentally motivated transition to public transport and bicyles: great for the environment, but will hurt TRA's turnover ...
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

Quote Originally Posted by BlackPeter View Post
    I don't really think EV introduction is a problem for TRA. However it goes - there will be used cars to sell.

- inflation: consumers having less coin to spend for the next preloved car (no matter which technology). Less coin means less margin. Less coin means they borrow more and Oxford finance makes more
    - high fuel cost: consumers looking for alternative transport and having less money if they still buy the next preloved car.
    - environmentally motivated transition to public transport and bicyles: great for the environment, but will hurt TRA's turnover ...
    With the risks of Covid still prevalent does anyone really want to get on a bus or train and breath in others people's expelled air ?
    I think you have it wrong
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    With the risks of Covid still prevalent does anyone really want to get on a bus or train and breath in others people's expelled air ?
    Yep will be on a packed ski bus 5 days a week for 6 wks this coming winter. Lol

Guru

I would rather poke myself n the eye with a blunt stick then jump on a bus in Auckland

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by BlackPeter View Post

- inflation: consumers having less coin to spend for the next preloved car (no matter which technology). Less coin means less margin.
    I believe you know that Turners does not predominantly sell cars that are expensive and that cars are a necessity to many families rather than a choice. Families generally will want two cars even if they can’t afford them. They just make it work.

Advanced Member

I don’t think covid is the reason, more likely people feel they deserve and can afford their own space.

Quote Originally Posted by RTM View Post
    I would rather poke myself n the eye with a blunt stick then jump on a bus in Auckland
    Best post of the day !

Guru

Mean while the rest of the world carries on without wearing masks. Back to near normal in Europe & USA without masks