sharetrader
Page 763 of 840 FirstFirst ... 263663713753759760761762763764765766767773813 ... LastLast
Results 7,621 to 7,630 of 8398

if anyone interested in how used car prices are tracking here's an index that tracks it

https://publish.manheim.com/en/servi...lue-index.html

its US based so of use if you believe other markets follow what happens there

on a side note i used turners to sell one of my cars for cash offer , a 16 yr old car i hardly ever used with low km's and i was very impressed with the offer. ( it had actually doubled in price from covid 2020 lol )
    the salesman i doubt with was very professional and the transaction very easy and quick. top marks to turners for service
    one step ahead of the herd

Quote Originally Posted by bull.... View Post
    if anyone interested in how used car prices are tracking here's an index that tracks it

https://publish.manheim.com/en/servi...lue-index.html

its US based so of use if you believe other markets follow what happens there

on a side note i used turners to sell one of my cars for cash offer , a 16 yr old car i hardly ever used with low km's and i was very impressed with the offer. ( it had actually doubled in price from covid 2020 lol )
    the salesman i doubt with was very professional and the transaction very easy and quick. top marks to turners for service
    Interesting, would have thought 16yrs was getting a bit old for them. Securing what supply they can I guess. Let us know what they list it for.

I sold them a nearly 20 year old car, not that you would know to look at it, with only about 100,000 K's on the clock, probably sold for about 3 times what they paid us. Forgot to look to see what they did list it for

all these rail shutdowns in Auckland over the next year have to be really good at destroying peoples confidence in public transport. (and so encouraging people to buy a car).
    For clarity, nothing I say is advice....

Quote Originally Posted by peat View Post
    all these rail shutdowns in Auckland over the next year have to be really good at destroying peoples confidence in public transport. (and so encouraging people to buy a car).
    You might be right ... but you make that sound as if this would be a good thing?
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by BlackPeter View Post
    You might be right ... but you make that sound as if this would be a good thing?
    Off course its a good thing. Public transport is horrible and inefficient. Time to get rid of it where possible.

Quote Originally Posted by blackcap View Post
    Off course its a good thing. Public transport is horrible and inefficient. Time to get rid of it where possible.
    Public transport as we have in Auckland is horrible and inefficient, I give you that. Same is true for Wellington and Christchurch. However - if we decide to go away from fixing everything with No. 8 wire, than we well might be able to implement at least in our centres a public transport system which is nice, cheap and efficient.

Many foreign centres have much better public transport than ours ... hey, we could do it as well!

Great public transport e.g. in Munich (similar size like AKL) - and Singapore's system is just outstanding.

But we degress from the thread. My apologies.
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

Unfortunately, the mantra actually underpinning the provision of public transport is to facilitate decarbonisation, rather than to promote efficiency. Only when we have a clear majority of EVs or hybrids on the roads and that argument can't be made any longer will a real focus on efficiency prevail.

And for those who know Auckland, Mayor Brown is right that a "joined up" solution needs to be planned for the City rather than ad hoc projects representing some politicians' platform for election and funded piecemeal.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackPeter View Post
    Good for Turners is what I’m suggesting

PT is good for society and pollution but personally I’ve always called catching the bus as going on ’the loser cruiser’ but I know that’s mean and hurtful and I shouldn’t say it.

it’s just hard to believe how long suffering rail users are and by the time it’s working reliably - which, on the basis of history will be never - they will have alienated all except the most desparate users
    For clarity, nothing I say is advice....

For good or ill, these serious rail works and shutdowns seem to be planned as far as 2025 and may indeed impact how people wish to commute.