sharetrader
Page 770 of 846 FirstFirst ... 270670720760766767768769770771772773774780820 ... LastLast
Results 7,691 to 7,700 of 8453
    percy

Quote Originally Posted by Sideshow Bob View Post
    interesting they say "replacement" rather than "renewal" of finance facilities....

Isn't finance one of the more profitable areas for TRA??
    Correct and correct.

Advanced Member

interesting to watch NZA as a look through for TRA (ta for posting ronaldson).

these two companies couldn't be more different both in terms of market positioning and quality of business

Advanced Member

re the flooding in auckland - does anyone have any insight into how wrecked vehicles insured by turners could impact their insurance division? ie do they themselves have reinsurance after claims hit some excess? I know very little about the insurance side of the business

at first glance would expect this to drive demand for turner cars (assuming they themselves weren't damaged during the flooding and are available to sell) but wasn't clear if the other shoe to drop is a big dent in their insurance profits.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Fiordland Moose View Post
    re the flooding in auckland - does anyone have any insight into how wrecked vehicles insured by turners could impact their insurance division? ie do they themselves have reinsurance after claims hit some excess? I know very little about the insurance side of the business

at first glance would expect this to drive demand for turner cars (assuming they themselves weren't damaged during the flooding and are available to sell) but wasn't clear if the other shoe to drop is a big dent in their insurance profits.
    Ask Todd he maybe able to help

Good point but no disclosures so probably little impact
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Interesting point.

I guess not relevant for their motor insurance (which is basically a purchased warranty), but relevant for their comprehensive vehicle insurance. I see latter is underwritten by Vero ... i.e. I assume it is Vero who has to carry (most or all of) the losses.

Just noticed as well Vero is busy. If you look at their website it appears they are flooded by claims (probably not just from Turner customers).
    Last edited by BlackPeter; 02-02-2023 at 10:44 AM.
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

Investor

Good set of results from Carsales (ASX:CAR) across the ditch.

Is the bottom in. gee that was a fun ride downhill lol.

10% up from the 52 week low. SP above 50d and 100d moving averages

Just as well we are not a rich country

Throughout the rich world the young are falling out of love with cars
    https://www.economist.com/internatio...love-with-cars
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Stuff news today:
    More than 10,000 flood-damaged cars will be written off by insurers.

Am a long term holder and see a long and bright future for Turners.