sharetrader
Page 778 of 843 FirstFirst ... 278678728768774775776777778779780781782788828 ... LastLast
Results 7,771 to 7,780 of 8429

Quote Originally Posted by alokdhir View Post
    As per ASB Securities data ...TRA at current price has 17.24 p/e adjusted ...while MFT is on 15.91 p/e adjusted ...

I am wondering which is a better GARP stock ...maybe some Legend will enlighten me soon ...lol
    Ill be your legend

NPBT going to be $45m so NPAT say $32.4m. 86.7m shares= 37.4eps. At todays SP of $3.75 its a P/E of about 10 like Winner says.

But Alokdhir i agree with you mate. Deserves a P/E of 17.24 so SP of $6.44 here we come

Investments

Quote Originally Posted by Rawz View Post
    Ill be your legend

NPBT going to be $45m so NPAT say $32.4m. 86.7m shares= 37.4eps. At todays SP of $3.75 its a P/E of about 10 like Winner says.

But Alokdhir i agree with you mate. Deserves a P/E of 17.24 so SP of $6.44 here we come
    OK....I didnt know u were counting your eggs as chickens already ...Good luck with your valuations mate

Advanced Member

3 brokers cover TRA (CIP, Forbar, Jarden).

Average FY23 estimates (March YE): EPS 36.7, DPS 23
    Average FY24 estimates: EPS 35.4, DPS 23
    Average FY25 estimates: EPS 40.0, DPS 26.5

Investments

Quote Originally Posted by Fiordland Moose View Post
    3 brokers cover TRA (CIP, Forbar, Jarden).

Average FY23 estimates (March YE): EPS 36.7, DPS 23
    Average FY24 estimates: EPS 35.4, DPS 23
    Average FY25 estimates: EPS 40.0, DPS 26.5
    Thanks buddy for highlighting the dip expected in FY24 ....

Thanks buddy for highlighting the dip expected in FY24 ....
    same dip MFT will see according to the brokers. see what happens eh..

Investments

Quote Originally Posted by Rawz View Post
    same dip MFT will see according to the brokers. see what happens eh..
    But MFT is already discounting that dip in its price and ratios ...at least to big extent ...where as TRA is going gung ho ...but U like it so its all good ...I dont as I will any day prefer MFT a large cap bluechip of 20 years record of growth over a small cap TRA ...personal choice based on long experience mate ...maybe one day u will appreciate that ...

Advanced Member

lol pleasure.

as always lets see how the result comes out and understand the implications for the new current financial year, FY24, and how analyst forecasts change.

not implausible there could be a dip this year if FY23 included some cyclone induced over trading, together with macro headwinds. Wouldn't rule out rule out holding steady or slight growth this year either (company has good initiatives under way). I don't have a feel either way and look forward to reading the result to better inform my own perspective.

I likewise agree with the consensus that MFT's profit will fall in FY24 from FY23.

I hold good sized holdings in both for different reasons. TRA for it's strong quarterly yield with the possibility of modest capital appreciation over the next 5 years, and MFT for the possibility of much more modest yields but strong capital appreciation over the long term.

One can have it all and hold both lol
    Last edited by Muse; 19-05-2023 at 01:31 PM. Reason: wrong word

But MFT is already discounting that dip in its price and ratios ...at least to big extent ...where as TRA is going gung ho ...but U like it so its all good ...I dont as I will any day prefer MFT a large cap bluechip of 20 years record of growth over a small cap TRA ...personal choice based on long experience mate ...maybe one day u will appreciate that ...
    TRA current P/E of 10 is a safe bet imo. Solid dividend and clear growth ahead of it with the branch network expansion.

MFT is obviously a proven compounder and trading on good ratios as you say

Both are good investing right now. Both should be in ones portfolio.

Investments

Quote Originally Posted by Fiordland Moose View Post
    lol pleasure.

as always lets see how the result comes out and understand the implications for the new current financial year, FY24, and how analyst forecasts change.

not impassable there could be a dip this year if FY23 included some cyclone induced over trading, together with macro headwinds. Wouldn't rule out rule out holding steady or slight growth this year either (company has good initiatives under way). I don't have a feel either way and look forward to reading the result to better inform my own perspective.

I likewise agree with the consensus that MFT's profit will fall in FY24 from FY23.

I hold good sized holdings in both for different reasons. TRA for it's strong quarterly yield with the possibility of modest capital appreciation over the next 5 years, and MFT for the possibility of much more modest yields but strong capital appreciation over the long term.

One can have it all and hold both lol
    Agree with your thoughts ...but I prefer large caps and liquid stocks ...yes ...in next 5 years MFT will outpace TRA in absolute returns imho

Advanced Member

I wouldn't bet against you being right.

None the less for my own personal objectives in the way I've structured my portfolio I want some equities with strong, regular dividends, and some long term growth stocks. If I was younger I'd probably have a greater concentration of growth stocks. But from where I sit here today, the mix I've got is right for me (or so I tell myself anyway lol).

and I continue to think TRA has good capital appreciation potential over the next 5 years but I don't necessarily expect the journey to be a linear one.
    Last edited by Muse; 19-05-2023 at 01:37 PM.