sharetrader
Page 788 of 842 FirstFirst ... 288688738778784785786787788789790791792798838 ... LastLast
Results 7,871 to 7,880 of 8413

Quote Originally Posted by blackcap View Post
    They do pay out a huge amount in dividends.... that does impact the SP.

But noted, its not really climbing to where they would like it to be.
    Wasn't it supposed to be $5 by now?

No way have they earned a director fee increase.
    Last edited by Jaa; 28-07-2023 at 06:12 PM.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Jaa View Post
    Wasn't it supposed to be $5 by now?

No way have they earned a director fee increase.
    To be fair to them, it has been 5 years since they reviewed their fees and during covid they voted for a three month fee cut.

I see the NZSA have come out and said they will support this resolution.

To be fair to them, it has been 5 years since they reviewed their fees and during covid they voted for a three month fee cut.

I see the NZSA have come out and said they will support this resolution.
    Why is it always more than shareholders earn though?

EPS

2018: 29.30
    2023: 37.64

= 28% increase in EPS

Guru

Why is it always more than shareholders earn though?

EPS

2018: 29.30
    2023: 37.64

= 28% increase in EPS
    You have only taken 2 data points. What was it compared with 2013?

Also you are comparing apples with oranges. Is your wage award linked to the EPS of your firm or the complexity of your task and the skillset your provide?

P.s I am not here to defend them to the death, just being as pragmatic as I can be. I have little skin in the game, am a shareholder, but have only a small holding now as I switched to 2cc a few months ago.
    Last edited by blackcap; 28-07-2023 at 07:16 PM.

You have only taken 2 data points. What was it compared with 2013?

Also you are comparing apples with oranges. Is your wage award linked to the EPS of your firm or the complexity of your task and the skillset your provide?

P.s I am not here to defend them to the death, just being as pragmatic as I can be. I have little skin in the game, am a shareholder, but have only a small holding now as I switched to 2cc a few months ago.
    In 2013, they were a finance company called Dorchester so not that comparable. I matched the time period you used which seemed reasonable, 5 years.

Surely long term EPS growth is the best way to measure director results? They are employed to sustainably grow the company over time with good judgement not for any specific skillset.

I think they have done pretty well btw as the growth in EPS shows, but a 38% increase is excessive.

I also own both 2CC and TRA. Was surprised by Todd's claim that "It wasn’t seeing a significant shift to purchasing electric vehicles in the second-hand market because it had few on hand - Hunter said imported EVs were difficult to source [from] Japan" when 2CC are doing exactly that and EVs are already 50%+ of 2CC sales.

With the July 1 increase in tax subsidy for second hand EVs you could argue that Turner's directors were asleep at the wheel while the market was changing. Their strategy of relying mostly on the NZ market to supply cars to sell is starving them of EVs.
    Last edited by Jaa; 28-07-2023 at 07:52 PM.

Investor

Happy to bank another juicy qtr divvy, very handy in current climate of rising costs

Quote Originally Posted by ronaldson View Post
    Wonder whether the holders itemised above took the DRIP or cash. Need to wait a day or so to see if any SPH notices filed by these parties.
    Two notices filed so far, showing directors Roberts and Petrie (via Bartel Holdings) took the DRIP. That's a vote of confidence. We may see others filed today.

I also own both 2CC and TRA. Was surprised by Todd's claim that "It wasn’t seeing a significant shift to purchasing electric vehicles in the second-hand market because it had few on hand - Hunter said imported EVs were difficult to source [from] Japan" when 2CC are doing exactly that and EVs are already 50%+ of 2CC sales.
    Lets look at facts;
    Turners say they have 7% of the market and they currently hold 5% of market inventory (about 3500 cars) while 2CC hold just 500 cars.

Lets also put some actual numbers to this using inventory of cars today
    NZ Market; 3.4% EVs 2418/71218
    Turners; 2.8% or 101/3636
    2CC; 3.7% or 21/574

BTW, 3.4% market inventory should be termed "few on hand". Turners need ~120 vehicles to match the market while 2CC need just 16, they have 21, so 5 EVs are very few cars to change the stats.

2CC have recently increased their total inventory from 430 just 2 weeks ago to 574 today, so may have taken a new delivery of 21 EVs, ie their numbers are too small to be reliable for a detailed comparison.

This shows no significant difference between the NZ market, Turners or 2CC

Quote Originally Posted by ronaldson View Post
    Two notices filed so far, showing directors Roberts and Petrie (via Bartel Holdings) took the DRIP. That's a vote of confidence. We may see others filed today.
    So it wouldn’t be a good look if Todd didn’t participate in DRP eh
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

One of those car carrying ships came into Wellington the other ….probably full of new cars

Another 3 due in August
    Last edited by winner69; 31-07-2023 at 10:40 AM.
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”