sharetrader
Page 820 of 840 FirstFirst ... 320720770810816817818819820821822823824830 ... LastLast
Results 8,191 to 8,200 of 8398

Think most retail investors dont really care for the pop. Most have bought in well below current prices and are happy to hold for the solid dividend and growth that we will no doubt see over the coming 5-10 years

Maybe just a handful posters from here and over there bought up too much and are trimming.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Rawz View Post
    Think most retail investors dont really care for the pop. Most have bought in well below current prices and are happy to hold for the solid dividend and growth that we will no doubt see over the coming 5-10 years

Maybe just a handful posters from here and over there bought up too much and are trimming.
    Maybe a few are locking in gains, but any sellers have to put there money somewhere else......TRA remains one of the better investments on the NZX I can see for the moment.

Investments

Day 4 ....20K @ VW $ 4.634 ....lowest vol so far ...seems desperation to sell is getting over ....$ 4.60 holding

Investments

http://nzx-prod-s7fsd7f98s.s3-websit...832/408802.pdf

If we read this announcement ...in the end they say some constituent index data will be provided after today close ...regarding equal weighted etc ....maybe the reason why Index funds start their process from Day 6 onwards after getting this data ??? Not sure what it means ....

Investments

Day 5 .....56K @VW $ 4.628 ....fun will start soon ...get ready !!!

Membaa

Quote Originally Posted by alokdhir View Post
    Day 5 .....56K @VW $ 4.628 ....fun will start soon ...get ready !!!
    Interesting, so have you bought into the momentum traders strategy and will be trying to figure out when to exit, or do you not care about the capital price movements and plan to hold for the long term dividends?

We haven't seen you so excited about a SP appreciating stock before, this is quite contrary to your investment philosophy.

Investments

Quote Originally Posted by Baa_Baa View Post
    Interesting, so have you bought into the momentum traders strategy and will be trying to figure out when to exit, or do you not care about the capital price movements and plan to hold for the long term dividends?

We haven't seen you so excited about a SP appreciating stock before, this is quite contrary to your investment philosophy.
    If u had the courtesy of reading all my posts on this thread then U wud have known that I am trying to learn how and what of Index inclusion dynamics of a small cap ...as this is my first time I have ventured into a small cap though a good one ...whether I stay in it for long term or not is entirely my prerogative ...like I had mentioned in my reply to a direct question on the subject . I am just thinking aloud here and learning ...as this index inclusion is not going as per plan as per many ....but my thinking is that it will go as per plan starting next week . So trying to figure out how operators can play on small investor's lack of patience or holding power ...so much to learn ...like on other channel champion and seasoned player of inclusions Mr B also thinks action will hot up next week . I am looking forward to it ...not that I am so worried about its SP but to learn and validate my theories ....hopefully that shud satisfy your enquiry !!

PS : Also I had informed all via my post reply to W69 that I will be participating in the fun of TRA index inclusion fully ...thats what I am doing ...having fun with my mates
    Last edited by alokdhir; 08-12-2023 at 10:02 PM.

Investments

If We agree with FB's index research calculations then around 2+ Mil shares shud be traded next week ...Current week was just 577 K ....4 times volumes expected ...will that be just sideways volume or upwards or downwards that only time will tell but likelihood is SP appreciating .

Mr B thinks it will close well on index rebalancing day with usual 3rd Friday of 3rd month volumes ...his view is that will be the top .

I reckon top will be made sooner but volumes will peak on Friday ...Wednesday is my pick for the top ...its just an estimate after studying last few inclusions of HLG / VSL / CHI etc ....will be watching with keen interest to update my knowledge on this subject ...which is very new for me !!!
    Last edited by alokdhir; 09-12-2023 at 04:35 PM.

Investments

After a Quick Look at volumes of last two inclusions ie VSL ( only mid cap ) and HLG ...following observations stand out

VSL 1st week volume on first 5 trading days after announcement was 110K and second week volume was 570K ...max being on Friday index rebalancing day

HLG got 5 days only after announcement and had total volume of around 2.2 Mil in those days ...highest being on day before inclusion .

If that pattern plays out then we will see dramatic increase in volume in this week for TRA

Also HLG needed as per Index research around 1.7 Mil but traded 2.2 in that week ...similarly TRA needs around 2.2 Mil and can trade around 3 Mil in this week

What effect it has on SP ...I wont comment ...but very very brisk trading surely on cards .

Why action hots up on second week so much more then first week may have something to do with index constituent or some other relevant data only being provided to funds after first week closing ...can anyone elaborate or clarify this query after reading the end part of the S&P index rebalancing announcement !!!

5k traded today , fund's are busy buying
    one step ahead of the herd