sharetrader
Page 228 of 281 FirstFirst ... 128178218224225226227228229230231232238278 ... LastLast
Results 2,271 to 2,280 of 2806
    Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Bjauck View Post
    Good increases. Gross increases or increase in your equity? How were they valued?
    Are they real and does it matter?

Auckland the only city that matters with the best looking Investors and you know it.

Quote Originally Posted by Bjauck View Post
    Good increases. Gross increases or increase in your equity? How were they valued?
    Equity ,I used Valocity and Valuit for tax purposes , was very impressed by the growth although not that surprised.

Auckland the only city that matters with the best looking Investors and you know it.

Quote Originally Posted by dobby41 View Post
    Are they real and does it matter?
    Just because you own a holiday home in Gore doesn't put you on my level.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by TeslaGod View Post
    Just because you own a holiday home in Gore doesn't put you on my level.
    How did you know that?
    The fact that the holiday home is worth a mint being an underground, doomsday, bunker means nothing.

Hollow vessels make the most noise, TeslaGod, and very noisy you are!

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by TeslaGod View Post
    Equity ,I used Valocity and Valuit for tax purposes , was very impressed by the growth although not that surprised.
    Well done you. I hope most if not all the gains were free of capital gains
    tax.

Guru

How did you know that?
    The fact that the holiday home is worth a mint being an underground, doomsday, bunker means nothing.

Hollow vessels make the most noise, TeslaGod, and very noisy you are!

Luxury Bunkers or subterranean phallus?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wqCjfBaoskI

Meanwhile in Vancouver:

https://www.thestar.com/news/canada/...c-hearing.html

"A proposal for an eight-storey West Coast modern designed residential building that will “frame the gateway to West Vancouver” and offer rental housing is moving ahead to a public hearing."

C'mon Auckland, where are your multi-story high rise projects? The RMA got you blocked?

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by SBQ View Post
    C'mon Auckland, where are your multi-story high rise projects? The RMA got you blocked?
    The Ted Mason Foundation managed to build this
    https://www.nzherald.co.nz/property/...ST6W22XQLMWRE/
    The Westlight complex - it can be done.

https://www.rnz.co.nz/news/political...icially-opened
    https://www.scoop.co.nz/stories/PA21...on-housing.htm

That is exactly the problem. It can be done but is rarely done in practice. Please excuse my repetitiveness as many new members in the forum do not know how to sift through the pages so here's a re-quote:

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...housing-crisis

"When Leilani Farha touches down in a new city, the first thing the UN special rapporteur on the right to adequate housing does is look up.

In Melbourne, Toronto, London and Dublin, the skies above are filled with cranes, Farha says, soaring across the skylineto construct new homes for their booming populations.

Last week Farha arrived in Wellington on a fact-finding mission, lured by the headlines of a housing crisis, chronic homelessness, and motels bulging with desperate families for months at a time – all occurring with a new progressive government at the helm.

“I didn’t see cranes in the sky, which is suggestive of not a lot of development – that struck me right away,” says Farha, a plain-talking Canadian. “They allowed the perfect storm, and that’s successive governments. It’s really a bit tragic. It’s a human rights crisis.”

Meanwhile here in Christchurch we have some anti-competitiveness in the land development going on here:

https://www.stuff.co.nz/the-press/bu...ironment-court

The council largely supported the project if some conditions were met, but two neighbouring landowners, Spreydon Lodge Ltd and Halswell Timber Ltd, objected to it....
    Spreydon Lodge is a land developer that owns the land to the north of Woolworths’ site and has resource consent to build shops and food and drink outlets.

It opposed Woolworths’ project on multiple ground, including its scale and location.

The court agreed with Woolworths’ claim that Spreydon Lodge was a competitor, but said it could only consider environmental effects of the project, not commercial effects.

You see even as neighbours where you're both doing land development, you would think all is good for society when land is at a premium for building. How is it so bad when there is such a massive shortage in lots to build houses on? It seems Spreydon Lodge is complaining because they didn't get their shopping complex up and going before the bigger fish 'Countdown' came along and bought the neighbouring section. As a matter of interest, Spreydon Lodge received building consent I think nearly 4 years ago but locals tell me the price of their sections were way too high. So the end result is clear when each time I pass by looking down at their building progress... it's been painfully slow. Too slow that Countdown said OK - we're gonna do something about this. Though the litigation was in the works for nearly 3 years - maybe that was the reason why they did not commence on their shopping complex?

SBQ did I mention that my large real estate portfolio increased in value of 43% year on year?

Oh silly me yes I did say that .

Perhaps you can tell Leilani Farha to Farha off back to the United Nations that nobody really listened too or cares about.
    Last edited by TeslaGod; 19-09-2021 at 03:16 AM.