sharetrader
Page 273 of 273 FirstFirst ... 173223263269270271272273
Results 2,721 to 2,723 of 2723

Meanwhile, in Australia....

Australia’s central bank chief Philip Lowe signaled a steady series of interest rate increases as he highlighted the difficult road to a soft landing for the economy.

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/auckla...RFSU42FTZ3I6E/

‘One Auckland single mum says she had a "panic attack" when opening her new council rates bill this month, while another ratepayer says she plans to leave the city because of its "poor" services.

Other ratepayers have described receiving new bills up to 30 per cent higher than last year at a time when Auckland's creaking infrastructure is battling to keep up with new housing developments.

The single mum, who works as a high school teacher while also picking up a second job after hours to make ends meet, told the Herald her bill had not only jumped about $200 a quarter, but that she was also hit with two bills back-to-back totalling almost $1400.

"I had a panic attack looking at the email from Auckland Council," she told the Herald.

"I called them and cried, they put me through the credit control team and asked me to pay it monthly."

The rate hikes come at a time when homeowners are also facing other cost of living pressures and interest rate rises facing homeowners.’

@Logen Ninefingers:

Only just the tip of an ice berg. Wait for those mortgage foreclosures to come