sharetrader
Page 251 of 251 FirstFirst ... 151201241247248249250251
Results 2,501 to 2,505 of 2505
    Auckland the only city that matters with the best looking Investors and you know it.

Quote Originally Posted by Logen Ninefingers View Post
    We know how much Kiwi's love splurging on property during a pandemic, so the endless lockdown in Auckland must be delivering another huge windfall to sellers as the lemmings pile in - gimme some more of that mountainous debt and 'propertee' they cry, desperately trying to outbid each other.
    It's going to get worse before it gets better.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by TeslaGod View Post
    It's called dark humour

Some people get it

Most people don't.
    I wonder if these guys get it?
    https://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/...YKG6W2WIKBKGA/

Permanent Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by kiora View Post
    I wonder if TeslaGod and SBQ got their letters from IRD? The problems of the super rich, must be hard.

I thought there was some hope for first home buyers when I saw this headline.

https://www.msn.com/en-nz/news/natio...?ocid=msedgntp

Reading below the headline it might not be the game changer I was hoping for. I suspect you would need a sustained drop in Avocado prices to make a real difference to aspirations for home ownership.
    Last edited by Aaron; Today at 07:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Aaron View Post
    I wonder if TeslaGod and SBQ got their letters from IRD? The problems of the super rich, must be hard.

I thought there was some hope for first home buyers when I saw this headline.

https://www.msn.com/en-nz/news/natio...?ocid=msedgntp

Reading below the headline it might not be the game changer I was hoping for. I suspect you would need a sustained drop in Avocado prices to make a real difference to aspirations for home ownership.
    I can assure you IRD audits have changed focus from looking at the small businesses (because so many have been wiped out), to those that do have money. Both TeslaGod and I have accountants.

As i've been saying all along, when you reach to a level of high net worth, your focus on life is not to be more greedy. The wealth came out from society and therefore one should contribute it back to society. I'm doing so through charity, and volunteering (much what Peter Lynch has been doing since he left managing his Magellen Fund in the early 90s). IRD needs to understand that if they want to go on a witch hunt after rich people, there will be consequences. What is the value of my contribution to society? I've paid millions in taxes since moving to NZ over 20 years ago and IRD needs to look at "Do they still want my taxes?" NZ is not the only place in the world where I can show my philanthropy and being a Cdn citizen, my liquid assets can easily flow to Canada if I choose to move back there. This is the advantage of not owning real estate, the conversion of houses to cash can not go without scrutiny by the tax dept.

Mr TeslaGod, do you have plans to give most of your wealth away for good cause or will you do what most rich people do in NZ - form a trust and let it sit in perpetual?

Auckland the only city that matters with the best looking Investors and you know it.

Quote Originally Posted by SBQ View Post

Mr TeslaGod, do you have plans to give most of your wealth away for good cause or will you do what most rich people do in NZ - form a trust and let it sit in perpetual?
    My accountant/lawyer takes care of those matters.

I prefer using my time growing my wealth,and of course passing on my knowledge/experience to those who want to learn.