I see your point macdunk...other peoples money or not... it dont matter.. us newbies are priced out of the market, so it doesnt matter where the money came from....
My point is that 1st homebuyers are screwed...(usually the younger ones)
My deposit for a house has gone all into shares... I can afford a deposit, but I cannot afford 15, 20, plus years... or in my example 30 years...

hey Rmb... u raised a good point.... and that is that we are less likely to get 100% capital growth from property than ever before..

our property market is run by foreigners that buy up our houses, push up prices, and yet the new generation coming through are screwed on like 11, 12,13 dollars an hour...
what good can you do with $400 after tax per week... and $512 weekly loan payments is too large even with two flatmates...
so house prices have been rising through more wealthier internationals..who consider our property cheap... cheap for them expensive for us... expensive for us unless you are already on the property wave of course....
Government raised minimum wage last year and in April this year, and propose again next year... this is a clear signal... lower paid jobs are at the lower aged end of the market...
and the youth need all the help they can get if property is their life long debt ridden goal