sharetrader
Page 253 of 281 FirstFirst ... 153203243249250251252253254255256257263 ... LastLast
Results 2,521 to 2,530 of 2806
    Guru

Quote Originally Posted by artemis View Post
    That last sentence could well be correct. A few years ago I read about a survey in the UK that showed a majority of those surveyed wanted to leave the UK and live somewhere else. The main reason - no not the weather - traffic.
    Maybe those ex-Pat Brit pensioners who are facing Brexit problems in Spain & Portugal will be looking for retirement villas in NZ?

https://www.euronews.com/2021/02/28/...brexit-reality

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by SBQ View Post
    You've missed my point about the whole idea of charity. The social benefit is greater by those that gift directly to society than to pay that in taxes and assume the gov't will do a better job. Not all gov'ts are the same and philanthropy by individuals is far and few in NZ.
    Taken to the extreme (and the US is heading that way fast) the people with the money to hand out start to decide who wins and who loses - not the people who elect the Govt.
    The wealthy become the rulers by largesse.

Quote Originally Posted by TeslaGod View Post
    I personally believe the government is already preparing to prop up the real estate market with the new RMA rules allowing for higher density per section driving up land prices from 2023/ The New free trade deal that "may" open up to more UK'S citizens.

(NZ is a very racist country that prefers immigration from Anglo-Saxon countries/its a good for its profile economy/ wealth and image)

"Ardern said the visa arrangement could look similar to what the UK has agreed with Australia, which allows people up to the age of 35 to spend three years living and working in either country - New Zealand's current arrangement is for people up to the age of 30 to spend two years living and working in the UK."

There's likely to be more net inflows than out in this arrangement.
    I applaud and welcome the changes coming to the RMA. As i've spoken loudly before, the RMA has been a key stumbling block for increasing the supply of housing in NZ. I gave many examples of what Canada has done to remove red tape. I don't know the details of the new rules and how they will abolish the RMA, but from what i've heard, (correct me if i'm wrong), up to 50% site coverage, new increased building height (for 3 story builds!!!) on conventional residential lots. I have a 790m2 lot where I get new real estate agents knocking on my door every few months. I had building plans some 4 or 5 years ago but the PIM came back too restrictive and I told the architects to hold. My wish was to change the RMA to make building easier... How fast can both gov't parties can agree on?

On a per title basis, I do not think this will increase the price of houses in NZ (assuming housing supply is boosted). The trend will be smaller dwellings and lower price points for young families in these new builds.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by dobby41 View Post
    Taken to the extreme (and the US is heading that way fast) the people with the money to hand out start to decide who wins and who loses - not the people who elect the Govt.
    The wealthy become the rulers by largesse.
    Plus it's bad for the economy and the environment.

No more yacht fleets please.

Auckland the only city that matters with the best looking Investors and you know it.

Quote Originally Posted by SBQ View Post
    ... How fast can both gov't parties can agree on?

On a per title basis, I do not think this will increase the price of houses in NZ (assuming housing supply is boosted). The trend will be smaller dwellings and lower price points for young families in these new builds.
    2023 / Dwellings will be cheaper/land under it will increase in value /3 units 3 plots= land value ~2x

Cashed up land-bankers(myself incl) will jump all over an increasing OCR slowing real estate market in 2022/23
    Last edited by TeslaGod; 25-10-2021 at 09:53 PM.

Auckland the only city that matters with the best looking Investors and you know it.

Housing markets going to get real feral real fast if swap rates in the wholesale money markets don't get better in a hurry.

Could have a flood of over leveraged homeowners and property developers flooding the market/technically this could tank the economy, the RBNZ needs to let it happen before stepping in.

FYI I want the housing market to tank.

I'm Cashed up ready to go hard over the next 12/24 months .

Guru

Housing markets going to get real feral real fast if swap rates in the wholesale money markets don't get better in a hurry.

Could have a flood of over leveraged homeowners and property developers flooding the market/technically this could tank the economy, the RBNZ needs to let it happen before stepping in.
    Unfortunately there are always buyers who think property prices only go higher. Let's hope L2V rules provide sufficient buffer, because the NZ government has let NZ residential property dominate the investment environment to such a great extent.

FYI I want the housing market to tank.

I'm Cashed up ready to go hard over the next 12/24 months .
    Have you sold all your NZ residential real estate?

Quote Originally Posted by Bjauck View Post

Have you sold all your NZ residential real estate?
    No just one in Wellington and one recently in Auckland to developers.

Holding the majority of my real estate portfolio adding to my share portfolio, quite stressful but very exciting and profitable.

In the off chance the real estate market turns ugly I'm very well capitalized and ready to purchase more if housing becomes heavily discounted over the next couple of years.

Unfortunately I see the RBNZ stepping in.

I have posted on this forum and predicted negative interest rates will be coming in the coming years, and they will.

I do feel bad for FHBs with the DTI coming, the systems designed for me not them unfortunately.
    Last edited by TeslaGod; 29-10-2021 at 07:24 AM.

Guru

No just one in Wellington and one recently in Auckland to developers.

Holding the majority of my real estate portfolio adding to my share portfolio, quite stressful but very exciting and profitable.

In the off chance the real estate market turns ugly I'm very well capitalized and ready to purchase more if housing becomes heavily discounted over the next couple of years.

Unfortunately I see the RBNZ stepping in.

I have posted on this forum and predicted negative interest rates will be coming in the coming years, and they will.

I do feel bad for FHBs with the DTI coming, the systems designed for me not them unfortunately.
    You seem to be a very confused individual...the market could crash and it'll be a blood bath, interest rates are going higher, the Reserve Bank is going to step in, interest rates are going negative, swap rates must get better in a hurry.......you're all over the place. But as usual your posts are all "me, me, me, me" and how whatever happens you'll be a winner. Maybe you are like the proverbial cockroach after a nuclear holocaust - always ready to come crawling out from under some rock.

As I've posited here before, you come across as desperately insecure and desperate to have people read about how wealthy you are and how well you are doing and will do. Desperately insecure....and it's all ultimately pointless as this is an anonymous forum and nobody knows who the heck you are.

Guru

“If interest rates get low enough as they did in New Zealand, and they have around the world, then actually movements in interest rates at that level have very limited impact.
    “Is there really much difference between your base rate being quarter of a basis point, minus quarter of a basis point? Psychologically it’s not a huge amount of difference is it,” (John) Key said during a webinar to launch a New Zealand Initiative report, Walking the Path to the Next Global Financial Crisis, on Thursday.

-----------------

Makes me why the DH's at The Reserve Bank kept lowering interest rates even when they were at crazy low levels; all they've done is to encourage a bunch of frenzied speculators to take on far too much debt. Negative interest rates: most people have now woken up to the idiocy of that kind of thinking....it's like your accelerator has fully hit the floor so you cut a hole in the car to keep pushing it down - it's absurdist & it only encourages out of control speculation and runaway inflation. MuskRat is dreaming about it happening with great fondness, meanwhile interest rates are on their way up.