sharetrader
Page 252 of 281 FirstFirst ... 152202242248249250251252253254255256262 ... LastLast
Results 2,511 to 2,520 of 2806

Quote Originally Posted by fungus pudding View Post
    No. Read the budget and you'll see all sorts of govt. expenditure that you won't be happy about. I promise.
    LOL My wife (who works in public health) tells me all about this on a daily basis. You will not find ANY affluent, charitable, philanthropic, person agreeing that sending more money to the tax dept is a better way than giving $ directly to charity and to the people in need. It's basic economics that proves gov'ts are always inefficient compared to the private sector.

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by SBQ View Post
    LOL My wife (who works in public health) tells me all about this on a daily basis. You will not find ANY affluent, charitable, philanthropic, person agreeing that sending more money to the tax dept is a better way than giving $ directly to charity and to the people in need. It's basic economics that proves gov'ts are always inefficient compared to the private sector.
    The danger is govt's will always find things to spend your money on. That's to get voters to think the generous govt. should be re-elected. 'They take your money and buy you some things' Problem is if too much goes to charity, the only way to make themselves popular again is to raise taxes; so those who prefer to pay tax will have to pay more - then those people - who are now nearly penniless, have to rely on food banks, which are funded by those who prefer to donate to charities rather than pay tax. So here we all are in this never ending circle of giving away our hard earned money. The only way to avoid it is to convert everything into bank notes - and burn it all. Best time to do that is the week before you die - cos sure as Allah made little green apples - they'll come looking for you. Well - not so much you - it's the now non-existent money they want.
    Last edited by fungus pudding; 22-10-2021 at 01:11 PM.

Permanent Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by fungus pudding View Post
    The danger is govt's will always find things to spend your money on. That's to get voters to think the generous govt. should be re-elected. 'They take your money and buy you some things' Problem is if too much goes to charity, the only way to make themselves popular again is to raise taxes; so those who prefer to pay tax will have to pay more - then those people - who are now nearly penniless, have to rely on food banks, which are funded by those who prefer to donate to charities rather than pay tax. So here we all are in this never ending circle of giving away our hard earned money. The only way to avoid it is to convert everything into bank notes - and burn it all. Best time to do that is the week before you die - cos sure as Allah made little green apples - they'll come looking for you. Well - not so much you - it's the now non-existent money they want.
    No doubt there is waste this could be but one example.
    https://www.stuff.co.nz/entertainmen...terary-project

I was going to suggest to SBQ that he move to a country without a central govt as "basic economics has proven gov'ts are always inefficient compared to the private sector."

I think the govt in Somalia is relatively small but that said I understand their tax collection dept is very efficient. Maybe Monaco would be a better bet.

Don't forget SBQ economics is a social science so not science at all. It is not like maths, no right or wrong answer, but you believe what you want to believe. You are probably a good christian as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Aaron View Post
    No doubt there is waste this could be but one example.
    https://www.stuff.co.nz/entertainmen...terary-project

I was going to suggest to SBQ that he move to a country without a central govt as "basic economics has proven gov'ts are always inefficient compared to the private sector."

I think the govt in Somalia is relatively small but that said I understand their tax collection dept is very efficient. Maybe Monaco would be a better bet.

Don't forget SBQ economics is a social science so not science at all. It is not like maths, no right or wrong answer, but you believe what you want to believe. You are probably a good christian as well.
    You've missed my point about the whole idea of charity. The social benefit is greater by those that gift directly to society than to pay that in taxes and assume the gov't will do a better job. Not all gov'ts are the same and philanthropy by individuals is far and few in NZ. The use of non-profit trusts is well abused in this country, ie Ngai Taku is a clear example having economic wealth grow from $185M in 1998 to $1.6B last year or so. It an absurd figure when their respected members still knock on gov't doors for hand outs.

The beauty about economics is it's quite simply, "the study of choices". If you've paid your taxes, contributed to society, then the last thing the gov't should do is have IRD screw around you. It's the wrong incentive... and WINZ recipients never get screwed by IRD.

Guru

I'm not saying there's a fine line about how much taxes should be paid or not. What i'm getting at is having some common sense, for which tax departments don't have. So if IRD wants to create a war by going after the rich AND their spouse (in thinking they're hiding assets), i'm afraid they will lose, a complete waste of time, and the end result will have consequences.
    These people will want to flee to safe places when climate change hits. So we should be getting our money's worth.

Hidden trusts like david seymour has, and 0% tax is unacceptable either in the US or here.

Legend

You've missed my point about the whole idea of charity. The social benefit is greater by those that gift directly to society than to pay that in taxes and assume the gov't will do a better job. Not all gov'ts are the same and philanthropy by individuals is far and few in NZ. The use of non-profit trusts is well abused in this country, ie Ngai Taku is a clear example having economic wealth grow from $185M in 1998 to $1.6B last year or so. It an absurd figure when their respected members still knock on gov't doors for hand outs.

The beauty about economics is it's quite simply, "the study of choices". If you've paid your taxes, contributed to society, then the last thing the gov't should do is have IRD screw around you. It's the wrong incentive... and WINZ recipients never get screwed by IRD.
    Oh yes they do - fortunately. That bloke lurking around in your street could well be watching the 'sickness beneficary' next door to make sure he's not painting the house on the other side of the road - just for a bit of Xmas cash. He is probably from Social Welfare - but he knows the IRD's phone no.

Auckland the only city that matters with the best looking Investors and you know it.

I personally believe the government is already preparing to prop up the real estate market with the new RMA rules allowing for higher density per section driving up land prices from 2023/ The New free trade deal that "may" open up to more UK'S citizens.

(NZ is a very racist country that prefers immigration from Anglo-Saxon countries/its a good for its profile economy/ wealth and image)

"Ardern said the visa arrangement could look similar to what the UK has agreed with Australia, which allows people up to the age of 35 to spend three years living and working in either country - New Zealand's current arrangement is for people up to the age of 30 to spend two years living and working in the UK."

There's likely to be more net inflows than out in this arrangement.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by TeslaGod View Post
    I personally believe the government is already preparing to prop up the real estate market with the new RMA rules allowing for higher density per section driving up land prices from 2023/ The New free trade deal that "may" open up to more UK'S citizens.
    Is there a new minimum section size per dwelling? Remaining larger city sections may find development has less red tape - but they still need to access infrastructure and find materials and tradies. Surrounding properties may lose value if neighbourhood character is denigrated?

(NZ is a very racist country that prefers immigration from Anglo-Saxon countries/its a good for its profile economy/ wealth and image)
    Wow - what is that based on?

Are you comparing NZ with other countries? If so, which countries? Recent years have shown that NZ has a very high immigration rate for its population size. In 2018 the most common citizenship of immigrants was in order - China, India, Phillipines, and Australia. Only one of those countries could remotely be called "Anglo-Saxon" and this without knowing what ethnicities comprised the Australia Citizens arriving in NZ.

It looks like the recent immigration policy worked against NZ's traditional immigration source countries?

https://www.stats.govt.nz/news/new-z...e-remains-high
    Last edited by Bjauck; 25-10-2021 at 10:29 AM.

Auckland the only city that matters with the best looking Investors and you know it.

Bjuack:

-We won't catch up on supply because of lack of infrastructure/builders/ it will only encourage land banking pushing up land prices.

-Id prefer the status quo increasing immigration from Asia , makes our offspring internationally more attractive/ There trying to even out the demographics as is Australia./Pandering to the insecure playing catch up.
    Which technically makes this racist/ either way is a positive for my net position.

The only colour I see is the colour of money.
    Last edited by TeslaGod; 25-10-2021 at 11:06 AM.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by TeslaGod View Post

"[COLOR=#000000][FONT=&]Ardern said the visa arrangement could look similar to what the UK has agreed with Australia, which allows people up to the age of 35 to spend three years living and working in either country - New Zealand's current arrangement is for people up to the age of 30 to spend two years living and working in the UK."

There's likely to be more net inflows than out in this arrangement.
    That last sentence could well be correct. A few years ago I read about a survey in the UK that showed a majority of those surveyed wanted to leave the UK and live somewhere else. The main reason - no not the weather - traffic.