I
Quote Originally Posted by fungus pudding View Post
Of course it's possible. Whether it's likely in our lifetimes is a more interesting question.
I'd say it depends on what you mean by 'the coming years. Given long enough it's all but guaranteed, but getting there will be a roller coaster ride.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kUldGc06S3U
Quote Originally Posted by artemis View Post
Supply and Demand. A bit simplistic but true. A bit less simplistic would mean taking into account population changes, income changes, cost of supplies and money (interest), government intervention, fudge factors - and the interactions between them - for starters. The net of which is - it depends!

For fun, take a million dollars and add say 8% / year. Doesn't take long to double it.
Although I understand the housing market and stock have effects on each other I have never looked at the property market before, until now.
I planned to rent and keep investing the majority of my wage to build a good stocks portfolio, now my situation has changed and I have come into an opportunity to buy & build on a piece of land, so now I want to know about the property market and the kind of future my investment in a new build would have, I have just watched a very good video on the housing market situation currently and it's expected to cool off but in the future continue a slowth growth, whereas they believe there is no lack of housing in NZ only a lack of suitable housing which makes sense to me, also bringing in to consideration of the growing population and only 44'000 new build each year, I believe its a good idea to go ahead with this opportunity, but I will do more research from here