sharetrader
Page 243 of 251 FirstFirst ... 143193233239240241242243244245246247 ... LastLast
Results 2,421 to 2,430 of 2503
  1. #2421
    Guru
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    3,245

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by fungus pudding View Post
    Where do you want to be? Only you know the answer to that.
    That would depend on priorities. If one of them is to be able to buy a suitable home, the it sounds that Auckland will be priced out for the poster.

    The poster would not be the first. Over the years I wonder how many potential Auckland FHBs have moved overseas with one of the main reasons being unaffordable home ownership.

  2. #2422
    Senior Member TeslaGod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2021
    Location
    Auckland the only city that matters with the best looking Investors and you know it.
    Posts
    614

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dobby41 View Post
    You could just stop posting in it!
    Some like your self may ponder how TeslaGod acquires his insight and knowledge.

    All I can say is TeslaGod is a God amongst mere mortals.

  3. #2423
    Senior Member TeslaGod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2021
    Location
    Auckland the only city that matters with the best looking Investors and you know it.
    Posts
    614

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TeslaGod View Post
    One thing I should highlight and forgot to mention is the data from Corelogic shows FHBs 2021 share of purchases(>26.3%) on a quarterly basis is actually the highest its been 15 years(2006)..hmmm go figure, it's amazing what you can find through the lies of mainstream media and there blind followers Attachment 13042

    And this thread was started in 2007 so to respond Crypto Crudes original statement "NZ first home buyers screwed "

    No.

    15 years of data proves that.

    After all these years I think the moderators need to finally close this thread
    Screenshot_20211012-084849_Drive.jpg

    This survey shows investors are being over regulated out of the market most likely since New tax rules, LVRs,loss of individual property rights and genuine hate towards property investors.

    What are you waiting for FHBs?

    It's your time to shine, or are you waiting for investors to return to the market.
    Last edited by TeslaGod; 12-10-2021 at 08:03 AM.

  4. #2424
    Guru
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    3,245

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TeslaGod View Post
    Screenshot_20211012-084849_Drive.jpg

    This survey shows investors are being over regulated out of the market most likely since New tax rules,
    The Survey was about whether property investors planned to spend more on investment property - i.e whether they were going to add to their portfolio. So I am not sure how you can conclude from this that they are moving out of the market.
    LVRs,loss of individual property rights and genuine hate towards property investors.
    How have "individual property rights" been affected?

    "Genuine" hate towards investors? What differentiates "hate" from "genuine hate"?

    Sure there will be some conflict of interests when one family's home is another person's investment. Realignment of the tax environment will cause resentment too amongst those who may have more tax to pay. Using this terminology, NZ must really hate income earners and really love those who earn untaxed capital gains - if the tax system is anything to go by...

    What are you waiting for FHBs?

    It's your time to shine, or are you waiting for investors to return to the market.
    The expensive, dogs dinner of a property market is a scary place?
    Last edited by Bjauck; 12-10-2021 at 10:40 AM.

  5. #2425
    Senior Member TeslaGod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2021
    Location
    Auckland the only city that matters with the best looking Investors and you know it.
    Posts
    614

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bjauck View Post



    The expensive, dogs dinner of a property market is a scary place?
    Advising young FHBs against one of the safest investment classes in the world, the NZ property market show's your lack of understanding of our financial markets.

    Your not taking into account rents that are going to o start spiking, even further if National gets in 2023.

    It shows you invest on emotions not fact

    Or perhaps you will just like complaining when the average house price reaches 2m at the end of the decade.

    Remind me not to take any stock tips from you.
    Last edited by TeslaGod; 12-10-2021 at 11:56 AM.

  6. #2426
    Guru
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    3,245

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TeslaGod View Post
    Advising young FHBs against one of the safest investment classes in the world, the NZ property market show's your lack of understanding of our financial markets..
    None of my posts is advice. Moreover, Sharetrader is a forum for the exchange of opinions and not a place to dispense advice.

    Your not taking into account rents that are going to o start spiking, even further if National gets in 2023..
    I wouldn't be surprised. Various factors may make it even more expensive - Undersupply, building costs, tradie shortages, tax reform, depreciation deductions no longer allowed etc.

    It shows you invest on emotions not fact .
    I do not invest in rental real estate.

    Allthough I have bought a house to provide my family with a home. So that involved some emotion as the home is the focus of family life. As a general rule there is no emotional attachment to my share investments. Although there are some exceptions!

    Or perhaps you will just like complaining when the average house price reaches 2m at the end of the decade..
    I am not sure if I would like it as I think it would be an indictment on NZ's investment, banking and fiscal environment. I probably would pass comment should it occur.

    Remind me not to take any stock tips from you.
    I have not given any, and I am not giving any. I am not qualified to give any and this is not the right place to give any.
    Last edited by Bjauck; 12-10-2021 at 02:09 PM.

  7. #2427
    Advanced Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Location
    Wellington, , New Zealand.
    Posts
    1,598

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bjauck View Post
    ..... I wouldn't be surprised. Various factors may make it even more expensive - Undersupply, building costs, tradie shortages, tax reform, depreciation deductions no longer allowed etc. ......
    There are other factors encouraging increasing rents, and they are mostly the effect of government policies. Including increased risk from less than optimal tenants, convoluted and complex new rules on a number of fronts, tax changes, more compliance costs, including some rules acknowledged by the government as unfit for purpose but no urgency to do anything about them, big new fines.

    Some are saying sod this for a game of soldiers and making decisions some of which will increase costs/rents or remove properties from the rental pool contributing to shortages (and increased rents).

    ECON101.

  8. #2428
    Guru
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    3,245

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by artemis View Post
    There are other factors encouraging increasing rents, and they are mostly the effect of government policies. Including increased risk from less than optimal tenants, convoluted and complex new rules on a number of fronts, tax changes, more compliance costs, including some rules acknowledged by the government as unfit for purpose but no urgency to do anything about them, big new fines.

    Some are saying sod this for a game of soldiers and making decisions some of which will increase costs/rents or remove properties from the rental pool contributing to shortages (and increased rents).

    ECON101.
    As I said previously I think the residential property market is expensive and a dog’s dinner! That is not too say it could yet become even more expensive. It depends on how much credit continues to be made available, the alternatives for investors and suitable alternatives for those wanting a home…

  9. #2429
    Permanent Newbie
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    1,477

    Default

    Interesting article, Australia has the same issue. Home ownership is becoming hereditary.

    https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-10-...awed/100532574

    Great news for those who own homes.

  10. #2430
    Advanced Member
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    , , .
    Posts
    2,265

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Aaron View Post
    Interesting article, Australia has the same issue. Home ownership is becoming hereditary.

    https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-10-...awed/100532574

    Great news for those who own homes.
    A lot of the world is complaining of runaway house prices.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •