sharetrader
Page 106 of 281 FirstFirst ... 65696102103104105106107108109110116156206 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,060 of 2808

Good calls Strat, Minimoke and Duncan... Pretty much agree with all of your comments.

I also think end of next year could be a target for me... Use some share profits to pick up a second... Waiting for some clear direction though (the next interest rate cut should be interesting).

next RBNZ decision is tomorrow...

.^sc
    BITCOIN certified rat poop. NSA created, Expensive to send, slow, can only trade on cex, no autonomy, spaghetti code, has been hacked, accidental Backdoor brc20s whoops, no one building on it, alienated all cryptos against it, volume is fake, few whales control large supply... it will perform though

Auckland house prices up although on the lowest volume in 26 years,
    http://www.landlords.co.nz/read-arti...rticle_id=3307
    I could be worried if I was a first homebuyer but any technical analyst would
    tell you that a rising share price on low volume is a sign of a possible retracement.
    The prices in 9 out of 12 areas did fall though.
    Interested to see how this all plays out.
    Last edited by George; 10-09-2008 at 09:09 PM.

I have been attending a number of auctions and property sales this year. I am one of the lucky ones who do have plenty of free time. It is interesting to know that most of the good properties in good areas have been selling at surprisingly good prices. The not so good properties cant sell at all. Buyers are very picky, but the good ones do go for a good price in AK.

I have started buying residential properties again.
    Having got ourselves into a debt-induced economic crisis, the only permanent way out is to reduce the debt – either directly by abolishing large slabs of it, or indirectly by inflating it away.

Smile

Was listening to Bollard today.
    He's thinking a 15% decline in nominal terms, with us about half way through the downturn.
    Thats more pessimistic than REINZ (you cant trust Murray) who said he sees it flatting end 08/early 09.
    I think the RBNZ is being even being optimistic...cost of credit will stay relatively high, watch the outflow of the japanese housewives money.
    Give it another 18 months, 20% nominal, 30% real and we'll be chatting.
    By the way - it's upside_down, not upside_umop

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/ar...ectid=10533430

Good news?

I wonder how cheap the 60 completed houses go for.

Quote Originally Posted by AJ View Post

Good news?

It will be positive for the property market in the long run if we let all the weak, highly leveraged companies go quickly. Lack of construction will mean a sudden stop of supply onto the market. Demand will pick up again once interest rates starts to come down to a level where it will make sense for people to look at investing again, which is not too far away.
    Last edited by Dr_Who; 23-09-2008 at 09:28 AM.
    Having got ourselves into a debt-induced economic crisis, the only permanent way out is to reduce the debt – either directly by abolishing large slabs of it, or indirectly by inflating it away.

slow learner

Quote Originally Posted by Dr_Who View Post
    It will be positive for the property market in the long run if we let all the weak, highly leveraged companies go quickly. Lack of construction will mean a sudden stop of supply onto the market. Demand will pick up again once interest rates starts to come down to a level where it will make sense for people to look at investing again, which is not too far away.
    IMHO the property market has a lot further to fall (I have literary bet my house on it). Banks are unable to pass on any RB interest rate cuts because the money is coming from overseas and is getting more expensive.

We are getting into spring and home owners that need to sell are feeling a little optimistic but the longer the summer drags on without a sale the more desperate they will get. So I think going into next winter when sellers market denial has disappeared it will be the start of bargain hunting time.

Quote Originally Posted by AJ View Post

Good news?

I live in the area and am familiar with this site.

I went to have a look at the development about 6 months ago. The houses are built so close together you would hear a cat sneeze, and I cant personally see why anyone would be interested in living in close proximity like that.

The elevated sections would have a nice panoramic sea view but the competed projects were going to cost in the million$+/- range.....

Some of the 60 houses on the ground level have been sold, so those owners will be in a terrible mess now. Unable to sell, and without the promised facilities - pools, gym, etc, etc.

This was a too ambitious scheme for Orewa IMHO.

Not sure how involved BNZ bank are, but they will be trying to get something back whatever it takes, which will only add additional distress to actual owners.

The ones they had on TV last night had cracks appearing on the walls already and rusty bits ..... another leaky building disaster by the looks of it