sharetrader
Page 11 of 281 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314152161111 ... LastLast

Good morning Broke
    Sentence 1... correct.
    And actually I am a very firm believer that any business is only as successful as your relationship with your banker.... I have dealt with some very understanding and helpfull bankers and shifted accounts away from banks run by waynkers.

"Checking the construction" sorry I meant "checking on construction progress" The engineers are due to start laying pipes for AC. The Apartment was due for completion by Xmas, won't be ready till maybe April. It is exciting watching a dream develop from a sand-dune!

Inspire the naive? sorry mate you lost me here. I drive a Toyota HiAce (4WD to tow boat and caravan) and my wife drives a RAV.

FOODEE yes agree "money is only good for spending" As I had pointed out to me when I commented on gold leaf stuck on my shoes at Thai palace.. you cannot eat,drink or breath it.

SHREWDY... Good luck with your ventures, I'm sure you will do well.

If anyone would like to know how to make a million without using a cent of your own money, I would be only too willing to start a new thread and explain in detail how to setup a true WRAP. All the info that would normally cost THOUSANDS absolutely FREE! or just email me.
    Cheers all, I'm off to play golf.
    JK

quote:Originally posted by JoeKing

If anyone would like to know how to make a million without using a cent of your own money, I would be only too willing to start a new thread and explain in detail how to setup a true WRAP. All the info that would normally cost THOUSANDS absolutely FREE! or just email me.
    I would be interested if you were to start up an 'educational' thread. It is always good to see another way of going about things
    Death will be reality, Life is just an illusion.

quote:Originally posted by Steve

I would be interested if you were to start up an 'educational' thread. It is always good to see another way of going about things

Same here Joe - further education is always good - no-one knows eveything

I'm in for free advice... count me in...
    Nakamoto means of Central origin ...

The nine year BOOM has gone on for so long that people forget the period of BUST. Enjoy the good times while it last. Dont forget to put abit on the side for rainy days. We have a nation of new investors who has never been thro the crashes and are leveraged to the max for a lifestyle of the rich and famous.. HAHA

Bling thinks the next global crash will be triggered by China. Their banking system there is a total chaos.
    This stock shines so bright that it \"Bling Blings\"

Advanced Member

Lets look at it from young Shrewd&crudes angle for him to make his first million. Property leaves shares for dead over time for most people, so lets assume that the crude one is single with a few bob in the bank, started work, and gets a reasonable income.
    1, rule one learn how to paint & paper, do simple plumbing and carpentry jobs.
    2,Understand what to look for ,Slips,floods,leaky homes,building regulations etc,code of compliance is a must.
    3,Visit open homes, mortgagee auctions,do an at home course for a real estate salesmans cert. 100pc pass rate.
    4 Visit the lending institutions first,find out what you can borrow at what rate for three years on fixed interest, [no longer]
    5,Never sign anything without an escape clause unless you are 100pc certain of everything.
    6, Look for a shabby house in a good area with nothing major wrong that a good paint, paper and scrub up wont fix.
    7,Place a deposit on your first house move in yourself rent out the other bedrooms.
    8, Do up one room at a time. Set a time table one room one month[}]
    9,When the house is finished start on the garden, tidy it up.
    10, After three years refinance leave only enough equity in the house that the rent covers all the out goings.
    11, After your first house is paying its way your second and third houses will come faster. You will find that after a few years your very first deposit which should be the only time you ever use your own money will have multiplied to give you a good income.
    12, rent plus capital gain has always been higher than finance costs and expences. You are getting rent and capital gain using the banks money. Your first deposit you can get back after thee years if you are dopey enough, and still have a property business.
    13,The property market runs in cycles which are easier to predict than the share market, use this to your advantage.
    14, There you have it crude one, if you are shrewd enough you might get into property. Sell those NZO shares the above is a certain path to riches with only a three year investment using your own money.
    macdunk

quote:Originally posted by trackers

quote:Originally posted by Shrewd Crude

I see your point macdunk...other peoples money or not... it dont matter.. us newbies are priced out of the market, so it doesnt matter where the money came from....
    My point is that 1st homebuyers are screwed...(usually the younger ones)
    My deposit for a house has gone all into shares... I can afford a deposit, but I cannot afford 15, 20, plus years... or in my example 30 years...

hey Rmb... u raised a good point.... and that is that we are less likely to get 100% capital growth from property than ever before..

our property market is run by foreigners that buy up our houses, push up prices, and yet the new generation coming through are screwed on like 11, 12,13 dollars an hour...
    what good can you do with $400 after tax per week... and $512 weekly loan payments is too large even with two flatmates...
    so house prices have been rising through more wealthier internationals..who consider our property cheap... cheap for them expensive for us... expensive for us unless you are already on the property wave of course....
    Government raised minimum wage last year and in April this year, and propose again next year... this is a clear signal... lower paid jobs are at the lower aged end of the market...
    and the youth need all the help they can get if property is their life long debt ridden goal

Hello Shrewd Crude,

I gotta laugh at the irony of it all.. I'm 24 at the mo, bought my house a little over a year ago, just before i turned 23... Same age as you.

The mortgage sucks, I don't feel the repayments really so im lucky, but to see the mortgage only having gone down a few thousand over a year or so is disheartening...

But the thing is... A year ago people were spelling out the doom and gloom, just as badly as they are now... Prices were going up crazy and it was unsustainable! But the 230k house I bought in Chch is now worth just a touch under 300k, so while i missed out picking up a 150k odd house by 9months to a year by succombing to the uncertainty of it all and waiting it out, least I didn't wait and have to pay 300k! If I sold out now I'd get my 2k odd I paid in principal, plus $70,000 (odd) in cold hard cash.

Moral of the story, next year you may have to pay 350k...or 400k... who knows? If you can get in, get in... imo

I'm going to try hard not to be offensive but i've read so many of these misleading statements.
    You say youve made 70K in paper profits but why do you count interest payments, real estate agent fee, insurance, inflation, bank fees, maintenance and rates as being irrelevant?

Owning your own home is awesome and i envy you for that, but thats what it is, your home. Not the be all end all investment. (IMHO)

If anyone would like to know how to make a million without using a cent of your own money, I would be only too willing to start a new thread and explain in detail how to setup a true WRAP. All the info that would normally cost THOUSANDS absolutely FREE!
    Wow - endless wealth using other peoples money. A dream come true. This seems priceless information - why don't you start a company that runs WRAP seminars and charge $1000 a pop?

quote:Originally posted by Bling_Bling

Bling thinks the next global crash will be triggered by China. Their banking system there is a total chaos.
    In 1997 the doom and gloom people were saying exactly that.

Didn't stop ANZ and CBA recently purchasing 20% equity interests in several Chinese banks.

Perhaps the next global slowdown will be caused by China's growth slowing to 8% pa.
    Crusaders: Super 14 Champions 2008

SUPER Champions 1998, 1999, 2000, 2002, 2005, 2006, 2008

NINE finals, SEVEN titles

mac dunk.... im only looking at shares for the next 2-3 years so it aint a long term thing.. Have to get out before the baby boomer thing... After the many responses in this thread about baby boomers, I have changed my mind in that I agree with other posters in that the BB's will have less impact on the NZ housing market with immigration somewhat offsetting falling prices ... BUT, I am certain the share market will crash, with the large number of BB's pulling out of shares in the near future... My view on this wont change...
    Bling Bling, im sure The chinese banking system could one day crash, but I'm thinking a crash will be due to Baby Boomers... Im going to China in April and will have a good look when Im there... China's impact on world markets will only increase over time as they continue their run of super normal growth and superpower status...

This thread is great, we have such a diverse set of peoples with a bunch of different arguments... we have this new set of kids coming up, and looking to the future....
    and then we have the 'been there done that' (yeah i've been around the block group)... who are looking back in the past... and then the ones in the middle... where theres mixture of support for young and old...
    House price to income ratio cannot continue at 7:1...and every 10% property price increase from here justs makes it 8:1 , 9:1....
    massive interest rates have done nothing to slow property growth... (yet)
    a slow down is for sure on the cards....
    Prices are set to fall,... which is late on expectations 2 years ago
    Do you 'yeah I've been around the block group' at least agree with us that house prices are set to fall??
    And if not, why no??
    [8D
    .^sc
    Nakamoto means of Central origin ...