sharetrader
Page 16 of 281 FirstFirst ... 61213141516171819202666116 ... LastLast

Macdunk
    I know how you feel about your plantation. It is legalised robbery!
    A lot will be cutting before the dateline. Big mistake by govt.
    Didn't GH sold most of his forests.

Cheers

quote:Originally posted by cantab

quote:Originally posted by Shrewd Crude

Has anyone though about how rising sea levels are going to impact on the NZ property market???
    No

Well done on your house purchase trackers - BTW, went to Maki Mono yeterday after watching first 5 painful overs of the Kiwi batting. Much more enjoyable studying Asian culture. I see there are now more Asians than Maori in Christchurch.
    Crusaders: Super 14 Champions 2008

SUPER Champions 1998, 1999, 2000, 2002, 2005, 2006, 2008

NINE finals, SEVEN titles

quote:Originally posted by duncan macgregor

SHREWD CRUDE, Global warming is BULLSH*T the way that the uninformed spout about it. Ice below sea level that melts decreases in volume, its only the ice above sea level that adds to it.
    I would think that the natural bushfires in AUSTRALIA would account for more global warming than mankind last year. What about my pine trees i get nothing for growing them and penalised if i cut them down. Its all namby pamby crap my friend to get money out of you very similar to the police speed cameras. The sooner this global warming gets going the better. MACDUNK
    Totally agree Macdunk.

As for government forestry proposals, they will have the opposite affect of what the government is going to achieve. A recent study by scientists concluded that the affect on global warming of tree plantations depends on where the trees are located. In climates such as NZ planting trees is neutral because while the trees absorb carbon, the darker green colour of the trees supposedly absorbs more heat. Lighter green of pasture land doesn't absorb as much heat from the sun, on the other hand the cows fart a lot. Planting trees works in hotter climates, but in polar areas tree planting results in a net increase in global warming because the darker green of the forest supposedly absorbs a lot of heat - snow reflects it.
    Crusaders: Super 14 Champions 2008

SUPER Champions 1998, 1999, 2000, 2002, 2005, 2006, 2008

NINE finals, SEVEN titles

quote:Originally posted by Shrewd Crude

Has anyone though about how rising sea levels are going to impact on the NZ property market???
    Not me either
    Death will be reality, Life is just an illusion.

delgary- with statistics you can find information to support any argument... no matter how ridiculous your source is....its just baloney... maybe 1998 was a super hot year, and those other years are cooler in comparison.... but we definately have a trend of much warmer world wide temperatures, the changes are not natural changes....

small island nations are starting to disapear.....
    go ask Majuro where its beachfront has gone...
    There is evidence that in America retreating shore lines are occuring as well....

trackers-you should be concerned....
    mac dunk- you are right that the ice on the top that counts the most when it melts.... well the ice on the top is melting....

Sea levels rise for 2 reasons
    1- ice melting, (we already have this)....
    sea ice in the Artic Ocean is thinning, massive antartic ice sheets have collapsed into the sea with alarming rapidity
    and 2- thermal expansion of water as the temperature rise the sea becomes less dense and then expands....

the ice cap on mount Kilimanjaro may be gone in 20 years... about 1/3 of kilimanjaro ice fields have dissapeared in 12years....and 82% has vanisheed since it was first mapped in 1912.... what do you have to say about that delgary?

all I no is that we have icebergs floating off the coast of Dunedin, natural disasters world wide are worse than ever before, we in NZ have had the worst summer of all time... ice sheets are melting and delgary says temperatures are falling but yet sea levels are rising..... I could show you one million articles supporting global warming for every 1 that you show me against it...
    hahhaha, classic buddy
    [8D]
    .^sc
    BITCOIN certified rat poop. NSA created, Expensive to send, slow, can only trade on cex, no autonomy, spaghetti code, has been hacked, accidental Backdoor brc20s whoops, no one building on it, alienated all cryptos against it, volume is fake, few whales control large supply... it will perform though

Yes, there WERE icebergs off the Dunedin coast because I saw one with my own eyes. Unless it was the distant breaking crest of a wave...
    Death will be reality, Life is just an illusion.

And another thing Delgary I would not listen to anything commisioned by the US of America.... remember that they are the ones trying to cover up the Whole global warming issue.... because they are the ones that produce all of the omissions...
    If it came down to user pays, then the USA is bankrupt along with all the debts that they currently have... they choose to deny Global warming, and therefore refuse to deny what they have done...
    find me an article not commissioned by USA....[]...... and thats the ball game!

[8D]
    .^sc
    BITCOIN certified rat poop. NSA created, Expensive to send, slow, can only trade on cex, no autonomy, spaghetti code, has been hacked, accidental Backdoor brc20s whoops, no one building on it, alienated all cryptos against it, volume is fake, few whales control large supply... it will perform though

Couple of points:

1. USA doesn't produce all of the green house gas emissions.
    2. Most tellingly, USA isn't a single identity. There are millions of people with millions of different opinions with the ability to do there own research and publish there findings.

Lumping them all into one brand called USA is just silly.

Saw part of an interesting doco Tv1 over the weekend. Seems earths polarity is reversing, this will create a lot more havock than your little old "global warming" But don't panic it happens occasionally every few million years and apparantly has happened several HUNDRED! times in earths history. So Shrewdy if you would like a nice little retirement home at the very top of the north island sometime in the future, maybe you shold start looking in Bluff. (aha! so that's why its called Bluff).
    Cheers
    JK