[QUOTE=fungus pudding;894708][QUOTE=JBmurc;894702]
Quote Originally Posted by fungus pudding View Post

That's hard to follow. You can have a freehold property, (aka - fee simple) and still have a loan or mortgage registered on the title. Not sure of any advantage in buying without a mortgage or 'different ownership with banks' whatever you mean by that. You can always repay the mortgage and raise a new one with the same lender - and if you get your timing right your mortgage interest can be tax deductable if used to purchase income producing assetts, although Labour have changed the rules a bit on some residential investments.
LOL yah sorry about that >> what I Should have said was BUYing a Residential freehold property without having a morg reg on the title is a great achievement

Then you can use that great equity and fund other investments and be able to claim all costs of that lending ..Is how I have set it up >> we have debt but is 100% claimable just like many of our monthly costs ..

I don't get why people are happy to have debt over their home Car , private assets ..but at the same time have large amounts of their own capital in say the Sharemarket or term deposits,Bonds etc