sharetrader
Page 249 of 281 FirstFirst ... 149199239245246247248249250251252253259 ... LastLast
Results 2,481 to 2,490 of 2806
    Legend

Quote Originally Posted by artemis View Post
    Supply and Demand. A bit simplistic but true. A bit less simplistic would mean taking into account population changes, income changes, cost of supplies and money (interest), government intervention, fudge factors - and the interactions between them - for starters. The net of which is - it depends!

For fun, take a million dollars and add say 8% / year. Doesn't take long to double it.
    Doesn't take long to learn "the rule of 72' either.

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by artemis View Post
    Supply and Demand. A bit simplistic but true. A bit less simplistic would mean taking into account population changes, income changes, cost of supplies and money (interest), government intervention, fudge factors - and the interactions between them - for starters. The net of which is - it depends!

For fun, take a million dollars and add say 8% / year. Doesn't take long to double it.
    Doesn't take long to learn "the rule of 72' either. https://www.google.com/search?q=the+...obile&ie=UTF-8

Quote Originally Posted by TeslaGod View Post
    We're is your location?
    Wellington region, hutt valley.

Auckland the only city that matters with the best looking Investors and you know it.

Quote Originally Posted by LEMON View Post
    I own a multiple properties down there,they have experienced massive growth already which should be slowing, land is in short supply but these new government laws allowing for higher density will help.

A new build down there will always have buyers ,obviously not as much as the last 12 months boom, but highly overpaid government bureaucrats usually push house prices up over a longer period than Auckland, depending on who's in power.

If national gets in for a long period, Wellington house prices can stagnant, and you have seen what a communist government can do when all taxes and revenue are filtered through a government central location affecting house prices in the region

Wellington
    Beijing
    Moscow etc

It will still double over 10 years.
    Last edited by TeslaGod; 19-10-2021 at 05:00 PM.

Auckland the only city that matters with the best looking Investors and you know it.

Quote Originally Posted by LEMON View Post
    FYI I don't buy in these fomo markets, the last house I purchased in the Wellington region was 2016, it trippled in value in 5 years.

Quote Originally Posted by TeslaGod View Post
    I house the homeless, welfare dependants, mentally disabled, drug addicts and donate more to charities than you likely earn a year.

So yes ..I would be missed.
    I laugh when I see property investors seeing themselves as heroes or providing essential services. Really? You are kidding. If you left and went to Australia the properties would remain and be bought by someone one else who would live in the house or rent them out. It sounds very heroic to provide homes for those disadvantaged people. But surely the reason you have property is to benefit from the capital gain. First and foremost it is an investment which gives a lucrative return. Would you invest if there was no capital gain? Providing homes is just a by-product of your investment.

I agree with Peter Buffet (son of Warren Buffett) when called the whole business of philanthropy ‘conscience laundering’ which he defined as ‘feeling better about accumulating more than any one person could possibly need to live on by sprinkling a little around as an act of charity’

Buffet wrote in his opinion piece: ‘All are searching for answers with their right hand to problems that others in the room have created with their left’.

Engaging in charity and developing the image of the ‘nice guy’ always comes in handy one way or the other.

At the end of the day, the private sector’s interest is to make money. And the reputation companies gain when attempting to improve the lives of the poor through philanthropic initiatives serves them for exactly that purpose.

https://kathmandupost.com/16/2019/11...nce-laundering
    Philanthropy and conscience laundering

Quote Originally Posted by moka View Post
    I laugh when I see property investors seeing themselves as heroes or providing essential services. Really? You are kidding. If you left and went to Australia the properties would remain and be bought by someone one else who would live in the house or rent them out. It sounds very heroic to provide homes for those disadvantaged people. But surely the reason you have property is to benefit from the capital gain. First and foremost it is an investment which gives a lucrative return. Would you invest if there was no capital gain? Providing homes is just a by-product of your investment.

I agree with Peter Buffet (son of Warren Buffett) when called the whole business of philanthropy ‘conscience laundering’ which he defined as ‘feeling better about accumulating more than any one person could possibly need to live on by sprinkling a little around as an act of charity’

Buffet wrote in his opinion piece: ‘All are searching for answers with their right hand to problems that others in the room have created with their left’.

Engaging in charity and developing the image of the ‘nice guy’ always comes in handy one way or the other.

At the end of the day, the private sectorÂ’s interest is to make money. And the reputation companies gain when attempting to improve the lives of the poor through philanthropic initiatives serves them for exactly that purpose.

https://kathmandupost.com/16/2019/11...nce-laundering
    Philanthropy and conscience laundering
    I pretty much agree with everything you posted.

I never said I'm trying to be a saint, how I invest and donate to my favourite charities is for tax purposes.

Yes I'm trying to make a profit

The only part I disagree with is are you going to house the people if I sell up? Perhaps your government can squeeze them in motels?

So yes I will be missed.

Get educated you broke dumb arse.

As for buffet, yeah tell yourself he's great.

He invests in companies an idiot like yourself that could be a CEO and run .. with other people's money.

Quote Originally Posted by fungus pudding View Post
    Doesn't take long to learn "the rule of 72' either. https://www.google.com/search?q=the+...obile&ie=UTF-8
    Use a calculator, welcome to the new world grandma.

Guru

MuskRat makes everything about himself. This entire forum is one giant showcase for him to rave on about his wealth and try to rub other people’s noses in it. Money definitely can’t buy class - some of the richest people are also some of the ugliest. But if you were obscenely rich why on earth would you spend all day every day telling people about how rich you are - life must be very boring despite the money, and the individual would also have to be desperately insecure. The story so far: MuskRat knows it all, and will apparently only get vastly richer no matter what the future holds. And we have no way of knowing if any of it is true: the bloke may not even have $5 to his name.

Quote Originally Posted by Logen Ninefingers View Post
    MuskRat makes everything about himself. This entire forum is one giant showcase for him to rave on about his wealth and try to rub other people’s noses in it. Money definitely can’t buy class - some of the richest people are also some of the ugliest. But if you were obscenely rich why on earth would you spend all day every day telling people about how rich you are - life must be very boring despite the money, and the individual would also have to be desperately insecure. The story so far: MuskRat knows it all, and will apparently only get vastly richer no matter what the future holds. And we have no way of knowing if any of it is true: the bloke may not even have $5 to his name.
    That's what a poor person like your self would post.

Oh you just did.

I'm rich bitches!