sharetrader
Page 254 of 281 FirstFirst ... 154204244250251252253254255256257258264 ... LastLast
Results 2,531 to 2,540 of 2808
    Auckland the only city that matters with the best looking Investors and you know it.

Quote Originally Posted by Logen Ninefingers View Post
    You seem to be a very confused individual...the market could crash and it'll be a blood bath, interest rates are going higher, the Reserve Bank is going to step in, interest rates are going negative, swap rates must get better in a hurry.......you're all over the place. But as usual your posts are all "me, me, me, me" and how whatever happens you'll be a winner. Maybe you are like the proverbial cockroach after a nuclear holocaust - always ready to come crawling out from under some rock.

As I've posited here before, you come across as desperately insecure and desperate to have people read about how wealthy you are and how well you are doing and will do. Desperately insecure....and it's all ultimately pointless as this is an anonymous forum and nobody knows who the heck you are.
    Me and my clique from the central bank.

https://youtu.be/7edeOEuXdMU

Auckland the only city that matters with the best looking Investors and you know it.

Typo wrong thread
    Last edited by TeslaGod; 08-11-2021 at 08:24 AM.

Guru

Hard to be jealous of MuskRat when no-one knows if he / she has $1 or $1,000,000,000 in their bank account.

I think maybe it is a person who likes to play at being wealthy, and spends most of their time on-line acting out the part because they get a kick out of it.

Hard to be jealous of MuskRat when no-one knows if he / she has $1 or $1,000,000,000 in their bank account.

I think maybe it is a person who likes to play at being wealthy, and spends most of their time on-line acting out the part because they get a kick out of it.
    Your envy makes you seem ugly in my visualisation of you.

I have not said I'm worth 1b.

I have stated I have a net worth to the value of *8 figures which is easily achievable holding a large or even a small real estate portfolio in certain suburbs.

Perhaps if you spent more time on educating yourself instead of complaining about me and every political issue in the world today you would be a far happier wealthier individual.

Like me.

(*NZ real estate >1.5 trillion)
    Last edited by TeslaGod; 17-11-2021 at 05:40 PM.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by TeslaGod View Post
    Your envy makes you seem ugly in my visualisation of you.

I have not said I'm worth 1b.

I have stated I have a net worth to the value of *8 figures which is easily achievable holding a large or even a small real estate portfolio in certain suburbs.

Perhaps if you spent more time on educating yourself instead of complaining about me and every political issue in the world today you would be a far happier wealthier individual.

Like me.

(*NZ real estate >1.5 trillion)
    Impossible to verify, sadly. I just cannot believe that a genuinely wealthy person would spend so much time boasting on an internet chat forum. Seems like the behaviour of a fantasist.

My advice to you is to keep working hard and maybe one day you really will be wealthy. You can do it!

Impossible to verify, sadly. I just cannot believe that a genuinely wealthy person would spend so much time boasting on an internet chat forum.
    You "don't believe" is the reason why you are in the financial position you are.

I'm going back to sleep after spending 10 minutes checking my portfolio on the NYSE it's just after lunch in New York.

You have a great day at your tax slave job.

I'll be going for a run down the beach after a late breakfast at 11am.

And I'm happy to share my life /advice on this forum.

It's the least I can do.

Advanced Member

No idea about bank balances or asset values, but looking at the person's posts I don't doubt they have a few bob. But who cares? It's the internet, people can adopt personas or have opinions if they like. And others can criticise. If they like.

Permanent Newbie

Although maybe meant to be a positive note at the end of the article.

"But as for Olsen, he says while some commentators are increasingly willing to “write off” young people’s hopes of every owning a house, he is not convinced.
    It’s getting harder, and more expensive, but it is still possible for many, he says. “I would never say young people are completely stuffed.”"

It is an admission that young people are stuffed but not "completely" stuffed. That might be young people with home owning parents who can lend a hand.

https://www.stuff.co.nz/business/127...-stuck-renting

Permanent Newbie

Aussie might have similar issues. I guess this quote from the article sums it up.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-11-...ates/100641036

Demographer Simon Kuestenmacher put it more succinctly.

"If you touch house prices, if you introduce any kind of policy that could make house prices fall, you will lose any election," he noted.

"Politicians shed crocodile tears about it and say, 'It's so sad that house prices are so expensive. We'll give you $10,000 of first home buyers grants'.

"But these drive house prices up because everybody has more money.

"It's a silly game when people pretend that they care."

Senior Member Toulouse - Luzern's Avatar

Question Rushing through the RMA Amendment Bill

Quote Originally Posted by Aaron View Post
    Aussie might have similar issues. I guess this quote from the article sums it up.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-11-...ates/100641036

Demographer Simon Kuestenmacher put it more succinctly.

"If you touch house prices, if you introduce any kind of policy that could make house prices fall, you will lose any election," he noted.

"Politicians shed crocodile tears about it and say, 'It's so sad that house prices are so expensive. We'll give you $10,000 of first home buyers grants'.

"But these drive house prices up because everybody has more money.

"It's a silly game when people pretend that they care."
    What we require is of our Govt is honesty, skill, judgement, attention to the views and needs of the community and responsibility for the outcomes

There are those who would say the present RMA Amendment Bill going through a fast track Sub Committee community submissions process is evidence of the failure of Successive Governments to ensure housing that is reasonably affordable.

A basic principle is that people buying a house need to be better off as a result.

People getting into homes need to able to meet the payments.
    Many of the Govt actions have made things worse.

Using the Edward de Bono thinking process - Look around LO, white facts:

2017 and 5500 families are on Housing Corp emergency list.
    2021 and 17,500 families are on the Housing Corp emergency list.
    318% increase = Failure

Govt Kiwibuild objective for 100,000 homes a failure in most peoples view. (No skill)

Blamed on the RMA not Govt Failures. Failure to take Responsibility and a lack of honesty and skill)

Leading to the proposed setting aside of all of the RMA and replacement with new legislation rushed through is confirmation of the Govt failure to provide affordable homes as they promised.

Repeated for emphasis: the RMA Amendment Bill is clear confirmation of failure.

(Failure of Judgment and honesty).

If Kiwi build is a failure it is apparent to some the RMA replacement proposals are as likely to fail.

Changes have long term and consequences and costs.

There are reasons for the Community to have an effective RMA and why it was set up in the first place.

Our Courts are valuable and the justice process essential.

The Minister is proposed in the RMA Amendment Bill as sole decision maker without appeal in may situations.

Our Court system and Court Appeal system is set aside.

This is a bad move many would say.

Too much power in too few hands. Too many changes all at once.

No Checks and Balances.

Courts sidelined.

Bad move.

Some may conclude - One size does not fit all and it is clear the Govt does not know best

Some would draw parallels with the initiatives of Nazi Germany in the 1930's to set aside law and justice and appeals and rush things through.

You cannot rely on politicians and those reporting to them to do other than toe the party line.

What we require of the Govt is honesty, skill, judgement, attention to the views and needs of the community and responsibility for the outcomes.

Admit their failures and work with the community for better outcomes within the rules of law and justice not the Minister as absolute power.
    Last edited by Toulouse - Luzern; 23-11-2021 at 04:45 PM. Reason: Complete the Post