sharetrader
Page 92 of 281 FirstFirst ... 4282888990919293949596102142192 ... LastLast
    Advanced Member

and the burst has just begun, more of a leak at this stage I reckon!

Cool down down

I really dont see any recovery in the property market till (maybe) late 2009/2010. But then the realty agents will tell you otherwise and their views is that the market never drops.[/QUOTE]

Unless your the vendor then the agents will tell you must drop your price till the agent can sell it and make a commission even if you paid alot more -Agents #1 job is to make themselves and the firm money -- Buyers&vendors come 2nd

whole lot of pain coming for realestate agents-and over leveraged home owners
    "With a good perspective on history, we can have a better understanding of the past and present, and thus a clear vision of the future." — Carlos Slim Helu

.^sc[/QUOTE]
    "The Police would come and find the Gang with our mate Joe king tearing it apart..."?
    Shrewdy...A retrobate I might be but a vandal...NO! Grow up.

Default rent rebate...

Thats right joe king... And we were going to Toast marshmellows and set up camp, if my mind serves me right...Yes... I was being deadly serious....
    cant you tell....

Hey... Lets cut the chit chat eah... lets get down to serious business...
    First of all... I had no idea what a 'retrobate' was.... so I went to www.Dictionary.com and punched it in...
    heres what I came up with...
    http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/retrobate
    as you can see it came up as no results found...
    But, under dictionary suggestions, third one down it had...
    rent-rebate

I clicked on this link and it said " a rebate on rent given by a local government authority"...
    what that basically means is "A rent rebate is given to people on a low income, you basically get a bit of money off your rent so youre not paying the full amount"....

Joe king, are you trying to tell me something here...? haha...
    what are your views of a possible Rent rebate as Property prices crunch on homeowners...
    Lets have a civilised debate, I promise I wont say how you told me to buy a house at the very top of the market again... its already fallen 10% and my mate Alan Bollard reckons its going to fall 22%, and my mate upside down reckons it could fall 30%...
    I assure you Joe, if anything happened to my mate Mackdunks house, id be up in Auckland quick flash and Id go on a real rampage...

you will have to take my word for it, as I am being deadly serious and cant be taken light hearted...
    any thoughts on Rent Rebate... what a topic...
    surely would help all these struggling famlies....
    shrewd crude >
    BITCOIN certified rat poop. NSA created, Expensive to send, slow, can only trade on cex, no autonomy, spaghetti code, has been hacked, accidental Backdoor brc20s whoops, no one building on it, alienated all cryptos against it, volume is fake, few whales control large supply... it will perform though

A retrobate I might be but a vandal...NO! Grow up
    Joe,
    So is that a spelling mistake or are you trying to say
    A 'rent Rebate', I might need, but a vandal.... No Grow Up...
    I would not be surprised to hear The wider community struggling in such tough times...
    wish you and others all the best through these hard times... I dont mean to get satisfaction out of other peoples losses...
    as for the rent rebate bit... you gotta agree that was a tad funny eah?
    Last edited by Crypto Crude; 10-06-2008 at 12:09 AM.
    BITCOIN certified rat poop. NSA created, Expensive to send, slow, can only trade on cex, no autonomy, spaghetti code, has been hacked, accidental Backdoor brc20s whoops, no one building on it, alienated all cryptos against it, volume is fake, few whales control large supply... it will perform though

http://www.urbandictionary.com/defin...term=retrobate

urbandictionary can be good for words that aren't actually real...

Quote Originally Posted by upside_umop View Post
    Thats right tim123...imagine if they were to come out and say 'we think prices will drop 40% over next 3 years in real terms....'

There would be havoc..but if they tell a wee lie now...or dont say the 3 year prediction, no one will get in trouble in 18 months. It would be a little 'mis-calculation'

Bullseye!

Yeah, I reckon they understated their own numbers/opinions a bit....it's the appropriate thing to do in the situation for the average audience, regardless of the ethical dilemmas it must cause.

Good future interest rate analysis:

http://www.goodreturns.co.nz/article/976494122.html

If oil price goes above $150 we can see the property market get hit much harder than RB forecast. I say, property will come down 50% or more if oil price goes above and stays over $150.
    Last edited by Dr_Who; 16-06-2008 at 02:53 PM.
    Having got ourselves into a debt-induced economic crisis, the only permanent way out is to reduce the debt – either directly by abolishing large slabs of it, or indirectly by inflating it away.

It makes more cents to rent than own
    People who do not have a mortgage on their home could be financially better off if they sold their property and rented instead.

This would be particularly true for people with higher value properties, but would also also apply to those with low-value homes.

The Sunday Star-Times prepared three case studies of the financial implications of selling a home and renting one instead.
    Death will be reality, Life is just an illusion.