sharetrader
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default WEN - Widespread Energy

It makes sense to have a new thread for the new Widespread company now that it is starting to move.

The investment philosophy is similar to that of the original WID, but obviously with a different focus.

I have been a shareholder since WEN was spun out of WID and will be taking up my rights allocation.

Just wondering who else was on-board?
    Death will be reality, Life is just an illusion.

Advanced Member

quote:Originally posted by Steve

It makes sense to have a new thread for the new Widespread company now that it is starting to move.

The investment philosophy is similar to that of the original WID, but obviously with a different focus.

I have been a shareholder since WEN was spun out of WID and will be taking up my rights allocation.

Steve, I will probably take up my $2,000 entitlement but it hardly seems worth bothering with as its not going to be easy to acquire a decent-sized decently-priced parcel of other rights, or of other heads in due course, as the number of holders will be small, i.e. mostly those who have entitlements as a result of their WID holding. (It will be possible to pick up a few more in the tender process, of course).
    I have a certain amount of curious respect for Chris Castle's investment acumen but WEN involves a big step of faith and I reserve only a small percentage of my total portfolio for such investments.

quote:Originally posted by Steve

Shares for ten cents with a free option attached, exerciseable in June 2011, sounds pretty good to me.

With shares currently at 10 cents the options should be trading around 4-5 cents. One could sell both immediately for a quick small profit, or sell the shares and and keep the options in the drawer for free, or sell the options and get the shares effectively for half price.

And who knows what can happen during 4 1/2 years, options might actually be worth something.

Banned

' Large streams from little fountains flow'

' Tall oaks from little acorns grow'

I'm in....... this one has got be worth a speculative punt.
    I'm kinda hoping that my 500,000 plus holding of WID might one day be worth a buck each.

I'm sceptical about WEN. It seems to be pie in the sky, compared with WID which definitely seems to be moving in the right direction with its investment in Asian Mineral Resources. If I were going to put more of my heard-earned in CC's hands, I'd go for WID rather than WEN. But good luck to the punters who decide to have a go.

quote:Originally posted by Lawso

I'm sceptical about WEN. It seems to be pie in the sky, compared with WID which definitely seems to be moving in the right direction with its investment in Asian Mineral Resources. If I were going to put more of my heard-earned in CC's hands, I'd go for WID rather than WEN. But good luck to the punters who decide to have a go.
    It was a bit before my time, but wasn't this similar to how WID started, or did they have AMR from the begining? If someone could probe their memory...

quote:Originally posted by KentBrockman

Looks interesting!

http://www.stuff.co.nz/3978150a13.html
    Nothing like a speculative punt!

Advanced Member

Anyone got any ideas as to what the cut-off price might be for the tenders for the shortfall? Can't see evidence of much enthusiasm for further exploration of this abandoned prospecting claim.
    DISC: Indicated I might be interested in tendering for any shortfall but can't bring myself now to get too excited about throwing more idle dollars this way. Would sooner chase uranium, I think.