sharetrader
Page 172 of 899 FirstFirst ... 72122162168169170171172173174175176182222272672 ... LastLast
Results 1,711 to 1,720 of 8983

Quote Originally Posted by JeremyALD View Post
    I think this year is set to be a cracker Winner. I'm not so sure about beyond that. The test will really be if they can grow again in FY19. If they can they are definitely onto something. Historically their profit has swung between 13m and 18m with a few years in the early 20s. They have not delivered multiple of years of growth for a long time (hence its been seen as a solid dividend player, rather than a growth play). Glassons AU has consistently been a poor performer with a small negative or positive NPAT contribution so if they get that firing they'll naturally pick up NPAT range consistently in future. Australia is definitely where the growth opportunities are in terms of profitability. NZ will continue to perform, but historically profit has swung around and I see that will continue to some degree in future years dependant on the economy and the weather.

What excited me about the ASM is there was a lot of talk about GROWTH. I haven't heard that from Hallensteins Glassons in a while. Australia seems to be going really well and expanding the Hallensteins brand could be a positive play. It was great to hear their Melbourne Central store is going well above expectations. Melbourne is very hip so it shows they're getting their styling right.

Storm remains disappointing and I think they need to make a decision about that one at some point. It's never really made a significant contribution and the brand is not all that strong.

So all in all you're probably sick of hearing from me on this thread but I do think it's pretty exciting. Wouldn't mind working for them myself
    Trust me on this mate, nobody gets sick of reading your well thought out and well balanced posts. I think you're being more than a little conservative about the future prospects but we need some balance to this thread and some conservatism is never a bad thing.
    Last edited by Beagle; 15-12-2017 at 09:00 AM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    Trust me on this mate, nobody gets sick of reading your well thought out and well balanced posts. I think you're being more than a little conservative about the future prospects but we need some balance to this thread and some conservatism is never a bad thing.
    Thanks Beagle

Tail of two stories here.....

http://www.news.com.au/finance/busin...51a15148d570c5

…just try’n to manage expectations… Maverick's Avatar

It was a stand out buy to load up on HLG in the low $3.oos. All you had to decide was whether Amazon was going to come over and eat HLG`s lunch, or not. It seemed the analysts and Mr market had decided it was going to which suppressed the price nicely for buying . This made plenty of upside or at least high % dividend returns to us few who think Amazon wont be that bad (at least to "on trend" apparel) ,if indeed, they come at all. In the meantime HLG have created a superb user friendly web platform that should give them pole position if they do. Now we have a rerating of the stock that in about 1.5 weeks lifts it from the bargain basement it was to getting more fairly based share price. My calculations place it at $4.25 -$4.50 by the end of this summer. From there the price will depend on the next winter experience. Last winter was 8.1 mill NPAT for 6 months. That is at the top end of a normal HLG winter but nothing like the latest 16% summer sales increase. So the question is.... what percentage of this summer result is the weather + currency and what percentage is due to revamped stores, online sales and well selected clothing style. I think anything up to $4.50 is good investing but above that will need more evidence of continued elevated profit. I`m of the firm opinion we are experiencing the early results from a systemic change for an even better HLG.(with a hot summer thrown in to boot)
    Last edited by Maverick; 16-12-2017 at 10:08 AM.

percy

Well done HLG,my divie is in my account already.

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    Yes and at a perfect time to pay for my Xmas shopping!

Banned

Same here, and she's a biggie.

percy

Quote Originally Posted by couta1 View Post
    Same here, and she's a biggie.
    New Jag ?[do n't think I am allowed to mention Mercs]...lol.
    Last edited by percy; 18-12-2017 at 12:43 PM.

Banned

New Jag,do n't think I am allowed to mention Mercs...lol.
    My wife wants a black Nissan Lafesta to replace her orangy coloured one which has paint fade. Can pick up a 2007 model for around 6k, with a five star safety rating. PS-Already have an old Jag with a big block V8 in it, not sure of the safety rating, but don't really give a toss, it's all muscle and smiles.

percy

My wife wants a black Nissan Lafesta to replace her orangy coloured one which has paint fade. Can pick up a 2007 model for around 6k, with a five star safety rating. PS-Already have an old Jag with a big block V8 in it, not sure of the safety rating, but don't really give a toss, it's all muscle and smiles.
    The Lafesta looks good buying.
    "Muscle and smiles".love it,enjoy it.

Veteran novice

Not wishing to hijack the HLG thread and re-name it "Lafesta" - but what's the attraction in the Lafesta? (Promising not to prolong this diversion!)