sharetrader
Page 730 of 899 FirstFirst ... 230630680720726727728729730731732733734740780830 ... LastLast
Results 7,291 to 7,300 of 8983

HLG will be reporting soon, (was 25 September last year). Hopefully they will be taking all the financial support they can get from both the Aust and N.Z. Govt's like they did last year and keep it, (my feelings and reasons why I think this is entirely appropriate have already been thoroughly articulated and I'm not going to debate the issue any further). I only mention it again as I think its now a material factor in supporting FY22's earnings.

The have an excellent website and extensive marketing through social media and I feel on a "lock through to opening up in 2022 DCF basis" they are currently fair value at about $7 so I am happy to continue to hold a reasonable sized stake for its excellent dividend yield.
    Last edited by Beagle; 21-09-2021 at 06:45 PM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Greekwatchdog View Post
    I just don't see how he can compare BGR to HLG. What a *******. Greek term starts with M end A.

You forgotten that BGP hold a sizeable minority stake in KMD - Greek ?

The point was - maybe KMD's reported fortunes (ie $10 mill Profit being lost each lockdown week by KMD)
    could start showing through in BGP's SP .. it wasn't a direct comparison between the two - BGP & HLG

Those KMD shares wont stay up in terms of SP with extended Losses being sustained on both side of the Tasman
    will they ?

BGP fair value their KMD stake each time they report I believe
    Last edited by nztx; 21-09-2021 at 07:03 PM.

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    HLG will be reporting soon, (was 25 September last year). Hopefully they will be taking all the financial support they can get from both the Aust and N.Z. Govt's like they did last year and keep it, (my feelings and reasons why I think this is entirely appropriate have already been thoroughly articulated and I'm not going to debate the issue any further). I only mention it again as I think its now a material factor in supporting FY22's earnings.

The have an excellent website and extensive marketing through social media and I feel on a "lock through to opening up in 2022 DCF basis" they are currently fair value at about $7 so I am happy to continue to hold a reasonable sized stake for its excellent dividend yield.

Similar view here too .. HLG are very astute operators with a long track impressive record in their game

No news/updates from HLG before results announcement is good news

Full year about $36m/$37m my calculated guess
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Advanced Member

I just pushed sp up to $7. Watching hlg depth is like watching grass grow. Started at 6.97 to 6.98, to 6.99, to $7 in about 5 min., can't be bothered waiting all day for order to go through.

Quote Originally Posted by see weed View Post
    I just pushed sp up to $7. Watching hlg depth is like watching grass grow. Started at 6.97 to 6.98, to 6.99, to $7 in about 5 min., can't be bothered waiting all day for order to go through.
    An old timer broker (hugely successful long term fundamental investor) said this to me when I started investing :

If a stock is good enough to buy at $1.00, it is good enough to pay $1.02 for it to get set. You should not investing to make 5% return but 50%.’

As true as it gets!

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    No news/updates from HLG before results announcement is good news

Full year about $36m/$37m my calculated guess
    In line with my thinking too.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

In line with my thinking too.
    HLG’s online will surprise imo.

Looking forward to the results and another juicy yummy fat dividend, fully imputed.

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    HLG’s online will surprise imo.

Looking forward to the results and another juicy yummy fat dividend, fully imputed.
    Yes and it will arrive just in time for Christmas shopping

Yes and it will arrive just in time for Christmas shopping
    Yup - and my fingers are just itching to replace my 5 year old iPad with the latest iPad Pro!