sharetrader
Page 391 of 899 FirstFirst ... 291341381387388389390391392393394395401441491891 ... LastLast
Results 3,901 to 3,910 of 8983
    Handsome Member

HLG great business and management but I think all this virus stuff will have an effect on the bottom line short term. The Usd not looking too flash for us either. Will be looking to re-enter in low 4s

Quote Originally Posted by couta1 View Post
    Kevin Hickman started RYM with $10000 and his net worth is now a cool 400 million, is he smart or dumb money? You be the judge. PS-He hasnt sold any HLG.
    He made his money building a business, not from stock market investing. Having a lot of money doesn't necessarily make one a sophisticated investor, it's marketing spin from private wealth 'advisors'.

For the record, I bought in recently and looking to add more.

Banned

From a TA viewpoint the RSI has never been this oversold over the past 5 yrs, just out of interest.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by lissica View Post
    He made his money building a business, not from stock market investing. Having a lot of money doesn't necessarily make one a sophisticated investor, it's marketing spin from private wealth 'advisors'.

For the record, I bought in recently and looking to add more.
    Yes but hes not going to risk over 5 mill in a dud company is he, he must have faith in the business/ board and management and be happy with the performance of the company not to sell any shares.

Dilettante

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    Unless the extra online sales are a substitute for mall sales which would appear quite likely with the Covid 19 virus in which case it would make no difference.
    The worry is that most people want to try clothes on before they buy them so will they still be game to go to the malls to do so ? That's the $64,000 question, or in Coutts case a LOT more.

Agree the long term trend to more online shopping is helpful to HLG.
    Interestingly we are starting to see a trend where online shoppers are buying less from overseas suppliers and more from local suppliers. The COVID-19 scare may well push this change along at a greater rate
    Last edited by iceman; 29-02-2020 at 10:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    Interestingly we are starting to see a trend where online shoppers are buying less from overseas suppliers and more from local suppliers. The COVID-19 scare may well push this change along at a greater rate
    That will have a lot to do with the change in tax that came into effect on 1 October if my memory serves me correctly whereby buying overseas involved GST as well. Don't ask me the threshold value where GST kicks in as I can't remember.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Dilettante

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    That will have a lot to do with the change in tax that came into effect on 1 October if my memory serves me correctly whereby buying overseas involved GST as well. Don't ask me the threshold value where GST kicks in as I can't remember.
    Yes no doubt this has made a difference and made a fairer playing field for local retailers. The change was overdue. From memory GST has to be paid under the new rules if the Customs duty (incl GST) is greater than $60, but dont quote me on it !

If buying via Amazon or eBay from overseas, regardless of the purchase amount, GST of 15% will be automatically added when paying for the item. And that has already been effective.

Dilettante

Quote Originally Posted by 44wishlists View Post
    If buying via Amazon or eBay from overseas, regardless of the purchase amount, GST of 15% will be automatically added when paying for the item. And that has already been effective.
    Yes that is correct for those you mention and many more that have registered for GST. I think the rule I mentioned in the post above applies to those retailers or suppliers that are not registered for GST with IRD

Banned

Any overseas company with a turnover of 60k plus from NZ sales must charge GST when you purchase an item from them, I notice a few places that aren't so must be under the 60k or trying their luck.