sharetrader
Page 666 of 899 FirstFirst ... 166566616656662663664665666667668669670676716766 ... LastLast
Results 6,651 to 6,660 of 8983
    Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    Just enough to cover pending rental increases and maybe, enough leftover to pay for price increases at food and takeaways?
    Minimum wage workers have seen their incomes increase far faster than the cost of living increases over the last 4 years.

The median rent in New Zealand has increased by about $110 a week over the last 4 years. but that's median, the lower quartile of rental properties has increased by quite a bit less than that no doubt.

A household with 2 minimum wage full time workers meanwhile has seen their combined income increase by $340 over that same time period, and possibly significantly more if they were also eligible for accomodation supplement.

Quote Originally Posted by LaserEyeKiwi View Post
    Minimum wage workers have seen their incomes increase far faster than the cost of living increases over the last 4 years.

The median rent in New Zealand has increased by about $110 a week over the last 4 years. but that's median, the lower quartile of rental properties has increased by quite a bit less than that no doubt.

A household with 2 minimum wage full time workers meanwhile has seen their combined income increase by $340 over that same time period, and possibly significantly more if they were also eligible for accomodation supplement.
    LEK, please don't confuse us with facts.

Quote Originally Posted by Habits View Post
    'Price of everything' set to increase: Consumers face pain at the checkout
    https://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/...ectid=12433381

Paywalled.
    Retail NZ says increased costs at the shelves is only a matter of time ... for everything retail from food to goods
    I recon this combined with an increasingly broken freight logistics landscape impacting importers and exporters is going to mean some pretty serious challenges going forward for the economy as a whole. A lot of moving parts (or not moving as the case may be) and knock on effects. Will be interesting to see how it impacts some stocks, but also to see the bounce back as things get back on the track (2022?).

Quote Originally Posted by alokdhir View Post
    Inflation will also lead to reduction of discretionary spends at HLG / WHS type stores ...as people will prioritise essentials over their stuff ...IMHO

Inflation always hit poorest hardest ...WHS !!!
    I think you overestimate the amount of brain power people apply to inflation and prices in general. Despite a large chunk of the population having negligible net worth somehow (I've never quite fathomed how, pay-day loan/ pawnshops? dont you eventually have to pay them back/run out of things to sell?) people find money to buy stuff they want. A few dollars here or there dont seem to make much difference.

Also to describe HLG as "discretionary" is a fun debate.

Share price currently below MA30 and not that far above the MA100

That MA30 line does look rather cyclical over time ....and its heading down at the moment

I need to keep a closer eye than normal on action
    Last edited by winner69; 11-04-2021 at 03:40 PM.
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Guru

winner there are periods where the price has not always sold off at this time of year.

looking to re establish our historical price databases via various data feeds.

hang on vetter check my words carefully... nah havnt got time.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post

That MA30 line does look rather cyclical over time ....and its heading down at the moment

Are your squiggly lines adjusted for ex-dividend movements?

Accidentally watched the shameless cheerleaders on CNBC today ..please forgive me

Somebody said something like this - with changing inflation & interest rates, finding a single investment that provides income, total return, and low volatility might become difficult.....the definition of capital preservation is changing he said

I yelled at him ‘put it all into HLG’

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post

Noticed that ShareClarity just downgraded their DCF valuation of HLG from $7.27 to $7.04. Do they know something we don't?
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

Quote Originally Posted by BlackPeter View Post
    Noticed that ShareClarity just downgraded their DCF valuation of HLG from $7.27 to $7.04. Do they know something we don't?
    ...and they usually so optimistic, like a lot of their ‘value gaps’ are +30% or more ...not like the -4% they have for HLG