sharetrader
Page 416 of 899 FirstFirst ... 316366406412413414415416417418419420426466516 ... LastLast
Results 4,151 to 4,160 of 8982

Maybe a silly question, but I wonder if there's any data on clothes shopping behaviour patterns? For me it's a bit like going to the dentist or getting car serviced - a chore to do once or twice a year. I wonder how many are on this end of the spectrum (pun intended) versus frequent impulse buyers and those in between? And how much sales vary from month to month. ie how much pent up demand that will result in higher sales on reopening?

Veteran novice

I'd treat any such data with extreme caution. There's too many unknowns here - when do "normal" patterns resume?- how much money is left in customers' pockets? - what retailers are left standing?
    And so on.

A $30m loss I.e bottom line. I agree, I wouldn’t be surprised to see $2/share again but that doesn’t mean $2/share is fair value.
    Last edited by James108; 02-04-2020 at 04:16 PM.

GS reckons discretionary spending such as clothing and footwear may fall 50% as a result of the containment measures with restaurants and hotels even higher. On the PLUS side food, alcohol, tobacco and communication. ..........Numbers slightly less for Australia.

Glad I retired from the clothing game many moons ago.

KMD having to do a major cash issue at 50 cents is a very sobering reality check for investors in all retail.
    The fact that the legendary guru of retail Rod Duke refused to participate, (despite the bargain basement price), should serve as a warning that he thinks the road ahead is extremely difficult and probably may never have been this challenging since the great depression of the 1930's.

For what its worth, in recent days my intentions have changed and I am not intending to buy back in to HLG until they can prove their business model is viable again.
    The bear will determine the bottom price and I don't think we've seen that yet.
    Last edited by Beagle; 02-04-2020 at 08:13 PM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Guru

Can no one see there will be pent up demand returning after lock down?
    Deferred spending rather than put off altogether

Quote Originally Posted by kiora View Post
    Can no one see there will be pent up demand returning after lock down?
    Deferred spending rather than put off altogether
    I would be inclined to believe that there will be an explosion of consumerism once humans are let loose on the world again but it is also possible that people who are still able to earn a living or receive income during this event will be amazed at the amount of money left in their pockets now that casual spending has been made more difficult. I can't help but wonder if maybe we become a bit more thoughtful about where our money goes. Probably just transferring my own thoughts to the masses but it feels like a lot of things will be different at the end of this, at least for a while....

Yes, but people will have less money to spend (those that are still working) and all those that will be new to unemployment, a lot less.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by flyer View Post
    Yes, but people will have less money to spend (those that are still working) and all those that will be new to unemployment, a lot less.
    Will be interesting to see if they benefit on punters "trade down" to HGL - shopping there rather than a more expensive brand/store.

imo ........thing that could HELP the most for HLG is if their competition closes down as every 4th shop in malls are clothing. But not until those stores clear all stock @ bargain basement prices which all stores will be attempting to do.

I don't believe people will rush out to buy clothes once Covid-19 lockdown is finished probably the last item on my thoughts.