sharetrader
Page 536 of 899 FirstFirst ... 36436486526532533534535536537538539540546586636 ... LastLast
Results 5,351 to 5,360 of 8982
    Guru

Thats good news, i walk past a Hallensteins store that i think probably needs to close. But its probably the only one that is not frequented i hope so...

remember women are not color blind ... i have a pair of oakley shorts and they are very cool but for some reason my personal trainer just says NO!
    Last edited by Waltzing; 21-11-2020 at 04:29 PM.

DFABPCLMB

Quote Originally Posted by Waltzingironmansinlgescul View Post
    i have a pair of oakley shorts and they are very cool but for some reason my personal trainer just says NO!
    Are they skin coloured?

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Probably expect a sales update first week in December and HLG goes ex-div on the 7th ....hmm

Maybe wise to be prepared for a double whammy to the shareprice

Just imagine a sales update like - sales up 4% on last year (recall they were up 12% after 8 weeks) and they mention stock shortages in lead up to Christmas and mention margins under pressure from high freight costs and unfavourable exchange rates.

That'll take 10% plus off the share price and then when it goes ex divie we could see a share price of $5.50 in a few weeks

Always pays to look at upsides (prob limited from here) amd the downsides (what I've mentioned would not surprise me)
    Unfavourable exchange rates?!

As another poster has mentioned clothes are the easiest fmcg to ship as they condense down so well.
    Last edited by jimdog31; 21-11-2020 at 09:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jimdog31 View Post
    Unfavourable exchange rates?!

As another poster has mentioned clothes are the easiest fmcg to ship as they condense down so well.
    One poster mentioned they had forward cover at what now are unfavourable rates

Another poster mentioned even though clothes might condense down so well a load of cotton / denim is still pretty heavy
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

CROESUS U.T.

Another poster mentioned even though clothes might condense down so well a load of cotton / denim is still pretty heavy
    Even putting it through a wool press it would still be more than a M3 per tonne so for shipping it would be on size, only if airfreight probably on weight.(and yes as a freight forwarder I once used a wool press to condense some volumetric cargo)

One poster mentioned they had forward cover at what now are unfavourable rates

I admit, its not outside the realms of possibility they could use the exchange rate swing as a negative, however I think it would be a stretch for them to use that as a factor.

Even if they had hedged at say 66c, thats roughly the same exchange rate compared to the same period in the previous year so it shouldnt be a factor.

I can tell you that retail is most definitely not slowing down. We are up turnover wise MoM close to 150% , and im hearing the good news (still) accross multiple retail sectors.

How listed retailers going recently:

Briscoes Homewares +12% (27/7-25/10)
    Rebel sport +19% (27/7-25/10)

Red Sheds +8% (3/8-1/10)
    Noel Leeming +9% (3/8-1/10)
    Torpedo 7 +40% (3/8-1/10)

Kathmandu ‘trading mixed’ (1/8-12/7)

Hallensteins +11% (2/8-26/8) 8 weeks

So big question what’s Hallensteins growth been 17 weeks to end of November? Retail overall been booming ..but clothing maybe still a laggard.

Has the +11% for first 8 weeks got better for the 17 weeks ..or will it end up something like +6%.
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Advanced Member

Its summer now, so the nudists wont be buying any clothing...

How listed retailers going recently:

Briscoes Homewares +12% (27/7-25/10)
    Rebel sport +19% (27/7-25/10)

Red Sheds +8% (3/8-1/10)
    Noel Leeming +9% (3/8-1/10)
    Torpedo 7 +40% (3/8-1/10)

Kathmandu ‘trading mixed’ (1/8-12/7)

Hallensteins +11% (2/8-26/8) 8 weeks

So big question what’s Hallensteins growth been 17 weeks to end of November? Retail overall been booming ..but clothing maybe still a laggard.

Has the +11% for first 8 weeks got better for the 17 weeks ..or will it end up something like +6%.
    both Rebel and Torpedo7 have a high sales % in clothing ......

I’m going with north of 11% .

Shout you lunch if im wrong 😜

Quote Originally Posted by Getty View Post
    Its summer now, so the nudists wont be buying any clothing...
    togs...undies...togs...undies nude....nude, you still have to get to the beach