sharetrader
Page 638 of 899 FirstFirst ... 138538588628634635636637638639640641642648688738 ... LastLast
Results 6,371 to 6,380 of 8983
    Guru

Public company standard to be implemented by the IRD and administered as a reserve in the balance sheet to be handled like ICA account by the IRD and reconciled in the year after the pandemic ends. Because the Minister of finance and the entire cabinet would hardly know a debit from a credit im afraid this will go on and on. No standard to be administered for public companies by the IRD means a farce.

More VIX mean this things goes back to being a trade for us as the COM Props drop out and banks come back to focus. Already missed big profits on our bank positions but it best to wait before opening fire again on the banks.
    Last edited by Waltzing; 28-02-2021 at 02:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by LaserEyeKiwi View Post
    The wage subsidy is smaller than the amount HLG pays its employees - pretending it is somehow advantageous for HLG to be closing its Auckland stores for a week, and people being discouraged to visit stores over the rest of the nation under level 2, is entirely disingenuous.
    Some posters like W69 prefer that the wage subsidy is squandered on companies which are not well managed - just like the welfare payments to the gangs.

Guru

next support level 6.30

Advanced Member

not the bargain I expected this morning - I think investors realising how good the dividend yield is, and that the lockdowns are temporary which won't impact dividends.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by LaserEyeKiwi View Post
    not the bargain I expected this morning - I think investors realising how good the dividend yield is, and that the lockdowns are temporary which won't impact dividends.
    Nail on the head. But, between me you and the fence post, I wouldn't leave it too long if you want to buy in for the dividend. On 26/3/21 HLG will announce the big juicy div and ex div date, and every man or woman and their dog will want a bit of the action. I am planning on buying an extra 30,000 a bit before that date, and not too worried what I pay for them, just for a quick div strip.

Guru

"just for a quick div strip" "not worried what price.". gosh OK..

a quick draw off the bottom for the last 5 years its now heading into blue skies..

30,000 off market or on?
    Last edited by Waltzing; 01-03-2021 at 02:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Waltzingironmansinlgescul View Post
    "
    30,000 off market or on?
    The sharetrader OTC desk of course, all the whales play there

Guru

In the GFC we used off market as in direct purchases via cut rate broking but i would not call it OTC. Not sure what your definition for OTC in NZ is. OTC does not always involve the exchange directly and might be called off market.

We have from time to time been offered off market trading options in NZ. We use off market for our own internal transfers of course as does everyone else.
    Last edited by Waltzing; 01-03-2021 at 04:49 PM.

in the last 3 mths

whs is up 29%
    bgp is up 29%

and hallensteins is up 6.5% so as you say winner it looks like the winners were the stocks that paid the wage subsidy back.

some posters dont get it but proof is in performance of the stocks. end of story
    one step ahead of the herd

Guru

The public company accounting standards for GDP supplements for employment should have been administered as a reserve in accounts of public company accounts by the IRD and should still be on the books until removed by the IRD.

Comparing retail companies across market sectors is almost apples and oranges.