sharetrader
Page 460 of 899 FirstFirst ... 360410450456457458459460461462463464470510560 ... LastLast
Results 4,591 to 4,600 of 8983
    Investor

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    Reporting tomorrow - so last opportunity to get set if you believe HLG is going to pay a final dividend, affirming its status as one of the highest yielding stocks on the NZX.

Meanwhile, RBNZ moving to pressure interest rates down lower and faster :

https://www.interest.co.nz/news/1071...ramme-would-be

Excerpt : "The Reserve Bank’s (RBNZ) Monetary Policy Committee is planning to introduce a Funding for Lending Programme (FLP) before it cuts the Official Cash Rate (OCR) next year.
    It essentially wants to push interest rates lower in coming months without going back on its word and cutting the OCR before March 2021."

Watch for billions of dollars of maturing bank deposits to flood into high yielding stocks in the next few months on the NZX as a first response.
    Sure does, my pick is for minimum of 15c final to high range of 20c or somewhere in the middle of 18c. Let's see which way it'll swing...

My pick is 20c

Guru

a dividend is a dividend and in these times its a win.... not sure what winner(n) would say but im sure he has a view on this.
    DISC: we bought back in a few months ago.

KMD we trade but this tock we hold and trade.. over a longer cycles but MR B seems to lead the way on this. Some appear to have big holdings but retail is always a tough rough road and with that in mind this stock has simple been world class Mr B and others?

Balance has 7-8 dollars? and is he is right then we are under weight but there is plenty of time. negative rates appear to not to be factored in yet as the NZ market holds up so far. If the economy doesnt perform there are two women who will be out and about drumming up the country to get a move on. Live in fear people as they visit a town near you.
    Last edited by Waltzing; 24-09-2020 at 01:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by sb9 View Post
    Sure does, my pick is for minimum of 15c final to high range of 20c or somewhere in the middle of 18c. Let's see which way it'll swing...
    If HLG pays 35c to 40c dividends in the next year, I fully expect the sp to go to between $7.00 to $8.00 by end of 2021 - providing a net yield of 5% to investors grappling with zero or negative interest rates next year. Just mho based upon historical experience when interest rates in NZ dropped sharply.

Investor

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    If HLG pays 35c to 40c dividends in the next year, I fully expect the sp to go to between $7.00 to $8.00 by end of 2021 - providing a net yield of 5% to investors grappling with zero or negative interest rates next year. Just mho based upon historical experience when interest rates in NZ dropped sharply.
    Not out of question, however it all depends on their outlook statements tomorrow and if its all as per plan then close to $6 this year is a real possibility, as the stock is very tightly held. With Victoria slowly getting COVID under control, that should help AU side things as well.

Banned

Not to mention bonus bonds money out soon.... consider NZX is better n stable compare with others countries

LOTS to like about HLG but one minor annoyance is how more often than not they make their price sensitive announcements just before market open.
    Last year's profit announcement came out just a few minutes before market open for example as did their most recent trading update.

I think they could improve their engagement with the investment community by making their price sensitive announcements no later than 9.00 a.m., surely that's not too much to ask ?
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Investor

Oh my 24c final divvy, take that!!!

Quote Originally Posted by sb9 View Post
    Oh my 24c final divvy, take that!!!

Thank you for the headsups Beagle!!

Banned

And to think all the crap and downramping that was spoken on here a few months ago was just nonsense, just highlights the fact that each must follow their own leading no matter what the crowd say.