sharetrader
Page 236 of 899 FirstFirst ... 136186226232233234235236237238239240246286336736 ... LastLast
Results 2,351 to 2,360 of 8983

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    Yes net yields as quoted by ANZ Securities.
    Now for a bit of fun,you have just won $300mil on Lotto,and you were trying to buy the whole of either TRA or HLG, which would you buy.?,
    Or which one do you think will reach a market cap of $500 mil first.?

Well I would think you've got no chance whatsoever of prying Tim Glassons 20% stake off him at $5, probably not even a slim chance at $6 so there's your first problem right there...
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

percy

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    Well I would think you've got no chance whatsoever of prying Tim Glassons 20% stake off him at $5, probably not even a slim chance at $6 so there's your first problem right there...
    You missed the whole point of the exercise.
    It is an exercise I find useful to my investing skills.
    Last edited by percy; 20-07-2018 at 02:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    You missed the whole point of the exercise.
    It is an exercise I find useful to my investing skills.
    No mate I didn't miss it, just dodged the question because its too hard. I can't decide so I have a bob or two each way I think they both have very sound growth prospects and those thinking HLG is just a cyclical retailer at the top of the current cycle are completely overlooking recent matters regarding the development of the Glassons brand in Australia which offers huge potential going forward. For what its worth I have slightly more in TNR but that's come about because I wanted to be up the sunny end of the tent ...seriously though TNR's sales are more needs based so possibly more resilient to a downturn and probably more of a beneficiary from this huge lurch to the political left that the country is enduring. Who knows which is better, what are your thoughts ?
    Last edited by Beagle; 20-07-2018 at 02:50 PM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Handsome Member

mmmmm I would go with the more diversified business. Especially if they own some dirt.

percy

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    No mate I didn't miss it, just dodged the question because its too hard. I can't decide so I have a bob or two each way I think they both have very sound growth prospects and those thinking HLG is just a cyclical retailer at the top of the current cycle are completely overlooking recent matters regarding the development of the Glassons brand in Australia which offers huge potential going forward. For what its worth I have slightly more in TNR but that's come about because I wanted to be up the sunny end of the tent ...seriously though TNR's sales are more needs based so possibly more resilient to a downturn and probably more of a beneficiary from this huge lurch to the political left that the country is enduring. Who knows which is better, what are your thoughts ?
    I often imagen companies sitting in a car yard.I can buy that one for $500 mil,that one for $250 mil and those two for $100mil each.Which is the best buy?
    So I place a lot on the market cap of companies I am considering.I find it a good place to start my research.
    Comparing HLG to TRA throws up some interesting comparisons.Both are very well run businesses. I will leave it to others to do their own comparisons,and come up with their own conclusions.Only hope everyone enjoys the exercise,and learns more about investing.
    Last edited by percy; 20-07-2018 at 05:16 PM.

The Kid

Good luck you’re going to need it. “Caldwell, is focused on steering Storm through its subsequent "divorce" from Hallenstein Glasson, after her own company, Blackstar Holdings, bought it in May for an undisclosed sum.” http://nzh.tw/12088303

Investor

Looking pretty solid, must be due for trading update/upgrade pretty soon I reckon...

Hlg share price defying falling consumer confidence in NZ and general malaise around Australia retail scene

http://www.sharechat.co.nz/article/f...er-in-julyhtml

That’s good ...might even see 6 bucks one day ...nearly got there a few years ago and you would think that how good Glassons going in that huge Australian 6 bucks is a cert
    Last edited by winner69; 27-07-2018 at 10:49 AM.
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

but note the last paragraph

"This far into an economic cycle the low-hanging fruit has typically been picked, and a number of growth drivers are fading. But that’s a far cry from calling time on the economic expansion."

Another year passed by for HLG and what a year it’s been ......booming sales all year and no sign of any let up

The new year F19 will be just as good I reckon

Probably tell us next week how successful F18 was ..... npat $30m odd sounds fine
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”