sharetrader
Page 464 of 899 FirstFirst ... 364414454460461462463464465466467468474514564 ... LastLast
Results 4,631 to 4,640 of 8982
    Guru

With the number of retailers closing across the southern hemisphere surely an allocation to this sector higher than 20% would be a personal private investor choice. But i dont think any fund manager would be brave enough to go any higher than that or even come close to it unless they were overweight an a major brand.

topped 6 dollars 4 X in the last n years.. each time it reach those highs it was a sell. stayed up there for very very limited time.

hlg.JPG
    Last edited by Waltzing; 25-09-2020 at 12:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Waltzingironmansinlgescul View Post
    topped 6 dollars 4 X in the last n years.. each time it reach those highs it was a sell. stayed up there for very very limited time.

hlg.JPG
    the more times a price resistance level is tested before it is ultimately breached then the more powerful the move.
    For clarity, nothing I say is advice....

Last time I posted this chart (a month ago) I said share price heading to 6 bucks plus

Share price been close to or over 6 bucks three times before

With Glassons on fire (even with stores closed) and Hallensteins getting fixed and landlords playing ball and expenses well under control no reason why F21 EPS shouldn't be over 50 cents
    Share price heading to 7 bucks latest call.

This is not down ramping or risk mitigation - its just showing in a well thought out way where the share price is heading in these days of record low interest rates.i
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

I said to the salesman at Hallensteins on the Gold Coast early this year what a great stock it was over on the NZX
    He said he should buy some.
    Who would believe that it was about to drop from $6 to $1.80.
    I hope he got some cheap.
    I'm glad I topped up there.
    Its still my biggest NZX holding.
    I like dividend stocks.
    Unfortunately for me HGH,MHJ,FBU,PGG,STU have all disappointed in that regard this year.

Guru

I should add that each time the price reach 6 dollars major global financial events were unfolding and the major holders dont sell this stock that we can see even the individual know as C. Vol is always light on this ticker therefore the sell price maybe set by small retail holders.

The fluctuation in price is very high with this stock and lends its self to trading on an almost bi annual basis.

The chart posted by winner (n) shows the range clearly 3.50 to 5.50. We last sold at over 6.

[deleted] - re winner (n) Investing Advisory Board.
    Last edited by Waltzing; 25-09-2020 at 01:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Waltzingironmansinlgescul View Post
    I should add that each time the price reach 6 dollars major global financial events were unfolding and the major holders dont sell this stock that we can see even the individual know as C. Vol is always light on this ticker therefore the sell price maybe set by small retail holders.

We note that vol is higher in KMD.
    Hey walt - no need to mention KMD and HLG in the same breath - really bad form mate

One stands out on all measures

But biggest difference is one is run by people who have retail in their blood and that company will always outperform the one run by guys who have the college thinking and are good at doing cool looking presentations full of buzz words.
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Reincarnated Panthera Snow Leopard's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Govt grants (wage subsidies ) of $8m plus

Helps in a big way to paying the $14m dividend

Workers keep their jobs ....shareholders happy as ...thanks Grant (and Jacinda) and ScoMo
    Good to see that the grants are taxed so they are basically getting their money back and I do not have to feel guilty receiving the dividend.

Hallensteins obviously not quick enough introducing a lockdown casuals range but Snow Leopards are naturally outfitted for any occasion:

om mani peme hum

Guru

Statement amended and deleted[] due to local outrage from long time investors (winner (n)) regarding a ref to another retail ticker. (All just tickers to our software).....

It is true there appears to be a heavy top tier of corporate board members who have a track record of leverage arrangements in companies where they held management positions in KMD.
    Last edited by Waltzing; 25-09-2020 at 01:48 PM.

DFABPCLMB

Quote Originally Posted by Snow Leopard View Post
    Good to see that the grants are taxed
    The wage subsidies were non-assessable income but the wages to which they relate are also non-deductible.
    Link: https://www.ird.govt.nz/covid-19/bus...-for-employers

I don't have an issue with organisations getting the subsidy and subsequently being profitable. The subsidy paid the wages for the period of the lockdown which stopped mass redundancies. The clients I work with still incurred massive losses in April, even after taking the wage subsidy into account. The fact things have been going gang busters ever since is due to a number of factors which we are now seeing with a number of listed organisations.

Banned

At current SP is still at 7persen yield