sharetrader
Page 252 of 899 FirstFirst ... 152202242248249250251252253254255256262302352752 ... LastLast
Results 2,511 to 2,520 of 8983
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    Posted 10/8/16... just one of many posts extoling the virtues of this stock two years ago. Nailed it at $2.70 right at the bottom. Bought for the dividend yield and never really imagined it would more than double in two years. If only I could go back and put another 0 on the size of the buy order lol
    If I could turn back time, if I could find a way, I'd take back all those HLG shares that got away, If I could turn back time.

Quote Originally Posted by couta1 View Post
    If I could turn back time, if I could find a way, I'd take back all those HLG shares that got away, If I could turn back time.

oh yes why not, lets have it then https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BsKbwR7WXN4
    Gosh, maybe we might see an outfit like that modelled in the next annual report
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    oh yes why not, lets have it then https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BsKbwR7WXN4
    Gosh, maybe we might see an outfit like that modelled in the next annual report
    Yes I dedicate this song to all the people who have lost HLG shares along the way but especially to a certain young bear who frequates these parts from time to time.

Amazing...I just checked back on my portfolio spreadsheet from August 17 and they were only $3.27 then. They've had a huge year since then and nobody seems to care about the currency where it is !
    Last edited by Beagle; 20-08-2018 at 09:18 PM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    Perfection is not possible in the share market.
    I was reading an article in Livewire this morning, that said Warren Buffett only got 6 out of 10 calls right.??????
    Worth thinking about.

ps.Lucky for us so many posters on ST get 8 or 9.5 out of 10 right.?...lol.
    Good to be reminded Buffet only succeeded with 6 out 10. His trick is asymmetric risk - so wins tend to be much bigger than losses. Easier said than done of course, but HLG recently has met that criteria for me - upside high, downside low - hence happy to have it as my largest holding

percy

Like a great number of fine limousines I have driven in, the HLG offered a very smooth profitable ride,which I remember fondly.
    The latest model has a lot of improvements, bringing it up to near the LOV class.

OMG.They are both retailers.
    Last edited by percy; 21-08-2018 at 07:04 AM.

Aspiring to be an Awesome Bear

Quote Originally Posted by couta1 View Post
    Yes I dedicate this song to all the people who have lost HLG shares along the way but especially to a certain young bear who frequates these parts from time to time.
    There are soooo many things I am sure we would all change if we could turn back time. I would start by telling my Mum and Dad how much I loved them soo many more times than I did before they died And yes selling those damn HLG shares when I thought they couldnt possibly go any higher . Another life lesson for the bear and a great song to dance to while kicking ones head at the same time!

Quote Originally Posted by RupertBear View Post
    There are soooo many things I am sure we would all change if we could turn back time. I would start by telling my Mum and Dad how much I loved them soo many more times than I did before they died And yes selling those damn HLG shares when I thought they couldnt possibly go any higher . Another life lesson for the bear and a great song to dance to while kicking ones head at the same time!
    Do you really think about what could have been...or potential mistakes you have made. Personally I do not given them a moments thought or regret..seems wasted energy...I try to learn lessons and just move on.

Aspiring to be an Awesome Bear

Quote Originally Posted by Raz View Post
    Do you really think about what could have been...or potential mistakes you have made. Personally I do not given them a moments thought or regret..seems wasted energy...I try to learn lessons and just move on.
    Yes and No. Yes I do think about things I wish I had done differently but no I dont live in the past and my life is not full of regrets. Learning to move on is on my agenda but I have not quite perfected that skill yet

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by RupertBear View Post
    Yes and No. Yes I do think about things I wish I had done differently but no I dont live in the past and my life is not full of regrets. Learning to move on is on my agenda but I have not quite perfected that skill yet
    As of yesterday's close I have sold out entirely. Still rate the company but have made a lot over the past 3 years and at $5.50-6.00 feel the risk reward is becoming too skewed. Looks like that Aussie fund is still hungry like a wolf for them though. GLTH