sharetrader
Page 361 of 899 FirstFirst ... 261311351357358359360361362363364365371411461861 ... LastLast
Results 3,601 to 3,610 of 8983
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by mfd View Post
    Definitely reads like they're coming off the boil. Good news is they say they can maintain dividends due to strength of the balance sheet. Heading back to the situation a few years ago where they paid out more on dividends than they made in profit?
    Doesnt sound like that to me and the dollar strengthening over the last while will help, it's all about adaption and being innovative in today's market which they certainly are. Continued growth in Aussie will help fill any negative gaps and I'm feeling well positioned in an XXXOS kinda way.

Not going to drill down into this other than to make these comments. The bushfires in Australia have been truly catastrophic and the extraordinary extent of the smoke in Sydney from news articles I have seen would have seen me staying indoors.

Exchange rate pressures have eased recently which will be somewhat helpful for margins in the next half. Sales are growing well and on a relative basis this is the cheapest retail stock on the NZX with arguably the best growth prospects.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Stats NZ - Electronic Card Spend for month of November

Apparel sales UP3.4% on last year. Best month for a while.
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

percy

A very positive well conducted meeting.
    Speakers spoke well,and certainly know the business.
    James Glasson was interesting to listen to.Plenty of opportunities for growth in Australia.I like their measured approach.ie the figures have to line up before they sign on the line for new leases.
    New Sydney distribution centre will be operating in February.Will be able to handle store and online growth.
    Online sales growth is expected to continue.Being driven by Glassons,and particularly Glassons Australia.
    I expect Glassons Australia to overtake NZ in the not too distant future,before accelerating away.
    I also note HLG logistics are extremely well organised.This means stock is fast coming through the system,which must help margins,as they can clear stock quickly.
    Last edited by percy; 11-12-2019 at 01:44 PM.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    James Glasson was interesting to listen to.Plenty of opportunities for growth in Australia.I like their measured approach.ie the figures have to line up before they sign on the line for new leases.
    New Sydney distribution centre will be operating in February.Will be able to handle store and online growth.
    Online sales growth is expected to continue.Being driven by Glassons,and particularly Glassons Australia.
    I expect Glassons Australia to overtake NZ in the not too distant future,before accelerating away.
    I also note HLG logistics are extremely well organised.This means stock is fast coming through the system,which must help margins,as the can clear stock quickly.
    Thanks Percy.

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    Not going to drill down into this other than to make these comments. The bushfires in Australia have been truly catastrophic and the extraordinary extent of the smoke in Sydney from news articles I have seen would have seen me staying indoors.

Exchange rate pressures have eased recently which will be somewhat helpful for margins in the next half. Sales are growing well and on a relative basis this is the cheapest retail stock on the NZX with arguably the best growth prospects.
    Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    I also note HLG logistics are extremely well organised.This means stock is fast coming through the system,which must help margins,as the can clear stock quickly.
    Thanks percy

Their supply chain / stock management has always been world class ...probably the envy of most clothing retailers.

More than 5 stock turns a year

And every dollar of stock generates about 8 bucks of gross margin ...phenomenal

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    More than 5 stock turns a year

And every dollar of stock generates about 8 bucks of gross margin ...phenomenal
    Even out performs Inditex with their own model....

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Stats NZ - Electronic Card Spend for month of November

Apparel sales UP3.4% on last year. Best month for a while.
    Good info, thanks mate.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine