sharetrader
Page 749 of 899 FirstFirst ... 249649699739745746747748749750751752753759799849 ... LastLast
Results 7,481 to 7,490 of 8983

The world’s our oyster,” Ward said.

“There’s lots of things on the horizon but for the time being we’re in this wild Covid time, so we're getting through these headwinds we’re currently facing,” she said.
    Interesting comments !
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    Interesting comments !
    I think they would do well in the US market. An online presence being main distribution channel, with perhaps a few signature stores in the right locations if they wished.

Quote Originally Posted by Raz View Post
    I think they would do well in the US market. An online presence being main distribution channel, with perhaps a few signature stores in the right locations if they wished.
    I agree, its a huge opportunity currently not priced into the shares. Neither is the very strong growth rate of Glassons in Australia (even during extensive lockdowns) priced into the shares. I also think its the young people that are going to have the confidence to lead this rebound in retail so Glassons are very well positioned.

$7 isn't cheap for HLG but people have to find sound places to put their money and its sure doing no good sitting in the bank losing value at 2.2% per quarter !!
    Last edited by Beagle; 23-10-2021 at 10:41 AM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

one key audit matter, being:● Inventory valuation
    For clarity, nothing I say is advice....

Quote Originally Posted by peat View Post
    one key audit matter, being:● Inventory valuation
    Bloody heck
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

DFABPCLMB

I'm not sure what the issue is with the audit report. It is an unqualified report and the relative size of the inventory balance meant it was considered a key audit matter that got the attention it deserved. From the report: "Given the size of the inventory balance relative to the total assets of the Group and the estimates and judgements described below, the valuation of inventory required significant audit attention and is a key audit matter." Note the provision for obsolescent stock increased from $0.4m to $1.4m. Nothing to see here?
    Last edited by Ferg; 29-10-2021 at 11:52 AM. Reason: typo

Guru

nice looking report..

before everything started to shut down?

aus opening up thought

as Winner says

All Good then.

GALS NZ did ok too.
    Last edited by Waltzing; 29-10-2021 at 12:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferg View Post
    Given the size of the inventory balance relative to the total assets of the Group and the estimates and judgements described below, the valuation of inventory required significant audit attention and is a key audit matter." Note the provision for obsolescent stock increased from $0.4m to $1.4m. Nothing to see here?
    yeh I think so, just a little surprised.
    For clarity, nothing I say is advice....

Better not comment on page 20 in these politically correct times.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Waltzingironmansinlgescul View Post
    nice looking report..

before everything started to shut down?

aus opening up thought

as Winner says

All Good then.

GALS NZ did ok too.
    just to be clear - this is the annual report publication, the results contained within were announced last month.