sharetrader
Page 247 of 899 FirstFirst ... 147197237243244245246247248249250251257297347747 ... LastLast
Results 2,461 to 2,470 of 8983
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by RupertBear View Post
    Understand you selling half and keeping your "free" shares Mr Beagle but dont you find it hard watching your profits slipping away? I guess when its a good company the sp will gp back up again and the divvie is pretty good
    Don't think like a reef fish young bear, that's what you are seeing today with a low liquidity stock on a low volume day, the price is all over the place if you look at the depth chart, just random sellers acting like reef fish. PS-I have nothing against reef fish by the way, they keep the ocean floor clean.

Understand you selling half and keeping your "free" shares Mr Beagle but dont you find it hard watching your profits slipping away? I guess when its a good company the sp will gp back up again and the divvie is pretty good
    I try and be philosophical mate. You can only be half wrong or half right when you sell half Philosophy 101 "To thine own self be true". If you think its a good company, even if you've done really well out of them in the past you need to keep some long term and try and ignore the short term price volatility.
    Last edited by Beagle; 13-08-2018 at 06:02 PM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

IMO

And philosophy 109 Rupert. if you are offered a new pair of free carried undies take them. Undy divi for too.
    Last edited by Joshuatree; 13-08-2018 at 06:58 PM.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    I try and be philosophical mate. You can only be half wrong or half right when you sell half Philosophy 101 "To thine own self be true". If you think its a good company, even if you've done really well out of them in the past you need to keep some long term and try and ignore the short term price volatility.
    Good point but in thus case I sold half and the other half a practically running for free.

It would do my head in to track to that level, in the end you have your goals and objectives.. set clear trigger points for exits/entry...I have been selling down all summer and now I'm holding just for dividend only....
    Last edited by Raz; 14-08-2018 at 08:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Raz View Post
    It would do my head in to track to that level, in the end you have your goals and objectives.. set clear trigger points for exits/entry...I have been selling down all summer and now I'm holding just for dividend only....
    Its kind of ironic...I only ever bought for the dividend a couple of years ago. Classic dividend hounds stock I told myself with only a very modest chance of going up much. I never expected them to double in just on 2 years. Funny how things pan out sometimes isn't it. Happy to hold half...I think they're just starting a really great expansion of Glassons in Australia and expect a very solid performance from this company going forward.
    Last edited by Beagle; 14-08-2018 at 10:19 AM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Exactly what I did Beagle - bought for the dividend, pleasantly surprised to see the capital growth outstrip it by a factor of 5 in my case!

Banned

When I see a definite bend in the end, I'll sell some, until then it is unknown whether the currency effect will have as much impact on the bottom line compared to the growth factor currently in play.

Super Investor

Quote Originally Posted by couta1 View Post
    When I see a definite bend in the end, I'll sell some, until then it is unknown whether the currency effect will have as much impact on the bottom line compared to the growth factor currently in play.
    Right on. Looking forward to the dividend.
    h2

Quote Originally Posted by couta1 View Post
    A wily fox has nothing on you mate. Who knows, the two factors might cancel each other out and we get another ripper year in FY19. Too early to tell.