sharetrader
Page 248 of 899 FirstFirst ... 148198238244245246247248249250251252258298348748 ... LastLast
Results 2,471 to 2,480 of 8983
    percy

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    I try and be philosophical mate. You can only be half wrong or half right when you sell half Philosophy 101 "To thine own self be true". If you think its a good company, even if you've done really well out of them in the past you need to keep some long term and try and ignore the short term price volatility.
    I would never had invested in SUM had I not sold down some of my RYM.I would never invested in HLG had I not sold down some of my SUM.I would never have invested in ALF had I not sold some of my HLG.I would never invested in OCA had I not sold some of my ALF.Not looking to sell any OCA.[at this point in time],so will leave SKO to others.
    Last edited by percy; 14-08-2018 at 07:08 PM.

…just try’n to manage expectations… Maverick's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    I would never had invested in SUM had I not sold down some of my RYM.I would never invested in HLG had I not sold down some of my SUM.I would never have invested in ALF had I not sold some of my HLG.I would never invested in OCA had I not sold some of my ALF.Not looking to sell any OCA.[at this point in time],so will leave SKO to others.
    That's just shuffling deck chairs on the apollo mission.

percy

Quote Originally Posted by Maverick View Post
    That's just shuffling deck chairs on the apollo mission.
    I have a lot of fun .
    Also very profitable.
    So I will continue doing it.
    Last edited by percy; 14-08-2018 at 07:18 PM.

I have a lot of fun .
    Also very profitable.
    So I will continue doing it.
    And good for ASB securities too. Everybody wins.

percy

And good for ASB securities too. Everybody wins.
    Craigs.
    I have never minded paying brokerage.
    Bit like tax,the more I pay,means I have earnt more.

Craigs.
    I have never minded paying brokerage.
    Bit like tax,the more I pay,means I have earnt more.
    Ok Percy, it's off topic but why does a fellow so well versed in all of this get services from Craig's. You are in a position where they should be coming to you. ASB will trade at .2% margin for a guru like you which I'm confident Craig's aren't. that's even more left over to pay IRD��

I enjoy and learn a lot from many of Percy’s posts, a lot of value given. Regardless of how he chooses to do business I think the quality of much of the ‘resear h’ done by these gurus and brokerage houses would certainly improve if they consulted him !

percy

Ok Percy, it's off topic but why does a fellow so well versed in all of this get services from Craig's. You are in a position where they should be coming to you. ASB will trade at .2% margin for a guru like you which I'm confident Craig's aren't. that's even more left over to pay IRD��
    Sorry to sidetrack this thread.
    When I was working selling books I had no time for sorting out Australian bank accounts,and paperwork with cash issues/rights issues,transfering money from one country to another,receiving Australian divies etc,so it was either do not bother with Australia, or do it through Craigs .Now I am retired I just can not be bothered.Less paperwork the better. .Rather spend my time on research.
    NZ.Receiving good allocations of new issues soon paid for brokerage.Having access to my broker and Craigs research is helpful.
    I have profitable fun with the share market.I do not want it to change from being a hobbie to work,

Looks like our Aussie buying friend is back today after a few days off. Wonder what they are willing to bid up to to get the amount they want?

Quote Originally Posted by RupertBear View Post
    Understand you selling half and keeping your "free" shares Mr Beagle but dont you find it hard watching your profits slipping away? I guess when its a good company the sp will gp back up again and the divvie is pretty good
    See what a couple of days can do. Now I'm not sure I'm all that pleased I sold half or should that be kept half.... in fact I'm pretty sure I'm half confused lol
    But one thing is for sure my furry bear friend, nobody ever went broke taking some money off the table when they'd doubled it.
    Last edited by Beagle; 15-08-2018 at 04:31 PM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine