sharetrader
Page 757 of 899 FirstFirst ... 257657707747753754755756757758759760761767807857 ... LastLast
Results 7,561 to 7,570 of 8983
    Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rawz View Post
    I think the retail dash is largely done. All nzx retailers had 30-50% gains this year. Not HLG and maybe KMD but certainly WHS, BGR and MHJ.

If you are staying retail you want it to be in growth mode and Beagle and W69 have made the case for glassons across the ditch, must admit it’s quite compelling.

HLG probably be nzx retail stock winner next year.

LEK don’t underestimate the pinch of rising rates. There is a reason the reserve bank puts rates up. Sucks a lot of money out of household spending budgets
    Yes i know the intent of rising OCR is to attempt to cool the economy.

However the simple fact is that OCR and interest rates are lower than 2019, and the population has lower retail debt, higher savings, effectively full employment, and a much higher amount of discretionary income available for retail spending than in 2019. A massive rise in government spending vs 2019 level also in support.

Yes I can see spending vs 2020/2021 is a big unknown as to how exactly that comparison shakes out, but I have little doubt NZ retail spending in the next 12 months will still be significantly higher than 2019 levels.
    Last edited by LaserEyeKiwi; 29-11-2021 at 11:29 PM.

Advanced Member

Hey Beagle, shall we see if we can massage that sp back to $7.30. I'll start the ball rolling and put in a 4000 order.

Quote Originally Posted by see weed View Post
    Hey Beagle, shall we see if we can massage that sp back to $7.30. I'll start the ball rolling and put in a 4000 order.
    I was hoping to buy some more at $7 with irrational fear over the new Covid variant.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Guru

Back channel to May 2017 the chart right now is in the bottom vector if you ignore the covid dip which should be backed out of the charts.

Which means all price movement data from March 2020 should be ignored really until about 12 months from now.

Its a buy unless this bottom price point breaks down.
    Last edited by Waltzing; 30-11-2021 at 10:36 AM.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    I was hoping to buy some more at $7 with irrational fear over the new Covid variant.
    The trouble with HLG is it is too illiquid and is like watching a 10 meter long snail race, and as you know I like a bit of action, which reminds me, have been invited to join a booked table at the Crab Shack on Sat. afternoon. Will be interesting to see people out and about on Friday, out of lock down shopping and pubbing and cafeing. It might be like a mini VE day.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    It may or may not go back to $7, unless you wait until after the 24c div, but then HLG is due to pay another div of about 24c again a few months later. And a good YLD of 6.4% plus. I think you were right by saying, quite a few months ago, that HLG should have a share split.
    Last edited by see weed; 30-11-2021 at 11:20 AM.

Guru

"HLG should have a share split."

YES! its a shocker at the moment.. 1 : 3 or 4 and bring it down to MHJ and KMD range..

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Waltzingironmansinlgescul View Post
    "HLG should have a share split."

YES! its a shocker at the moment.. 1 : 3 or 4 and bring it down to MHJ and KMD range..

I want to see some more shocking results to shock the SP up towards FPH / EBO / MFT levels

Pressure on a small vessel (full of HLG shares) is better than less pressure on a larger jar

Guru

less shares means harder to trade in any YTDQTY.

Quote Originally Posted by see weed View Post
    The trouble with HLG is it is too illiquid and is like watching a 10 meter long snail race, and as you know I like a bit of action, which reminds me, have been invited to join a booked table at the Crab Shack on Sat. afternoon. Will be interesting to see people out and about on Friday, out of lock down shopping and pubbing and cafeing. It might be like a mini VE day.
    “The stock market is a device for transferring money from the impatient to the patient.” Warren Buffett

“Time is the friend of the wonderful business, the enemy of the mediocre.”

“One clear and simple investment edge that anyone can choose to take advantage of is patience.”

Been quietly adding on a few HLG shares over the last few months on the days the share was sold down by the impatient.