sharetrader
Page 313 of 899 FirstFirst ... 213263303309310311312313314315316317323363413813 ... LastLast
Results 3,121 to 3,130 of 8982
    percy

Quote Originally Posted by RupertBear View Post
    Trust you Couta! I am down the gurgler with this one again and regret buying back in recently
    Old guy walking past our place today stopped and asked me how the sharemarket was going.He had spoken with my wife a few weeks ago and she told him it was my hobbie.
    He is 92,still does a two hour walk when it is fine,and against his family wishes he still skiis.
    He told me he holds EBO.I said I brought them in 1991 and sold out last year.
    He brought his at issue in either 1983 or 1985,and has added to his holding when they had capital raises.
    He has only ever brought shares.Never sold any.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    He has never asked for a share broker's advice,just rings him when he wants to buy.
    He said the money is made making careful selection,paying attention to who the directors are, and the company must have a strong balance sheet.
    A very wise old Bear.

yes McGinty sorry i meant they are the oldest stock in the NZX not the oldest stock in the top 50

Aspiring to be an Awesome Bear

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    Old guy walking past our place today stopped and asked me how the sharemarket was going.He had spoken with my wife a few weeks ago and she told him it was my hobbie.
    He is 92,still does a two hour walk when it is fine,and against his family wishes he still skiis.
    He told me he holds EBO.I said I brought them in 1991 and sold out last year.
    He brought his at issue in either 1983 or 1985,and has added to his holding when they had capital raises.
    He has only ever brought shares.Never sold any.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    He has never asked for a share broker's advice,just rings him when he wants to buy.
    He said the money is made making careful selection,paying attention to who the directors are, and the company must have a strong balance sheet.
    A very wise old Bear.
    Thanks Percy lovely story and I get your point

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Rocket View Post
    yes McGinty sorry i meant they are the oldest stock in the NZX not the oldest stock in the top 50
    Sanford listed way before HLG ....

Banned

Come on Gragher, keep leading it down, your losing heaps now and good job.

Yep, I am also watching and waiting for an opportunity to top up ... $4.08 is a good price, under $4.00 would be even better! (Probably dreaming ... ASB shows 52 week low at $3.98).

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by oldtech View Post
    Yep, I am also watching and waiting for an opportunity to top up ... $4.08 is a good price, under $4.00 would be even better! (Probably dreaming ... ASB shows 52 week low at $3.98).
    I just get on with it and chase it down.

Quote Originally Posted by couta1 View Post
    I just get on with it and chase it down.
    Ha, love it! Go hard or go home

Quote Originally Posted by couta1 View Post
    Come on Gragher, keep leading it down, your losing heaps now and good job.
    Looks like they're listening to you mate.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    Looks like they're listening to you mate.
    The poor dears have probably had their feathers ruffled by the CEO resigning.Lol