sharetrader
Page 171 of 899 FirstFirst ... 71121161167168169170171172173174175181221271671 ... LastLast
Results 1,701 to 1,710 of 8983

Quote Originally Posted by see weed View Post
    Sorry to anyone who has PMed me.Can not PM back, don't know how it works, or I have, and it did not appear in my sent box . I got carried away and bought about 125,000 HLG leading up to the ex div day. So where to from here? Might have to sell a few and head for the next cab off the rank....
    Assuming that this is just a small part of your diversified portfolio - why not just keep them and enjoy the capital gain and the next outrageous divvi in April?

However - if you did violate your undoubtedly thoughtful policy on diversification, than now (after the good AGM news) might be a good time to reduce - but who am I to know?

Discl: hold (a small parcel) and don't intend to change that for now.
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by see weed View Post
    Sorry to anyone who has PMed me.Can not PM back, don't know how it works, or I have, and it did not appear in my sent box . I got carried away and bought about 125,000 HLG leading up to the ex div day. So where to from here? Might have to sell a few and head for the next cab off the rank....
    Okay confession time, my itchy keyboard fingers just couldn't be constrained so I've sold half my holding over the last two days, my holding is now only XXOS in size instead of XXXXOS. Still with an average buy price of $3.29 plus a nice big divvy to come, one can't be to upset with personal weaknesses aye.

Good news and a big relief

I mentioned HLG to my neighbour. Nah he said .....last year I paid $3,34 for them and lost heaps when he sold out (and blamed me again because he thought shares never went down)

He and his mates sticking to their new found love affair with ATM

So we are safe

No worries
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

I have a good sense about the new CEO and believe he's going to take this company up a couple of gears to the next level by really driving a latest fashion digital based marketing strategy with contemporaneous strong expansion of Glassons in Australia. The more Glassons expands in Australia the more brand awareness and more customers driven to their website and the more efficiency in their internal systems through volume expansion all driving a virtuous circle of profit growth . Heck we might even see an NZX50 index inclusion when this hits $5 or so next year. All those index tracker funds would then have to buy...that would be sad wouldn't it I reckon those selling in recent days will look back and rue their impulse to take a quick buck or three. He'll probably make Di Humpheries look second rate.
    Last edited by Beagle; 14-12-2017 at 07:10 PM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Worst case scenario they hit 20m profit this year that makes a forward PE of less than 12. I'll certainly be holding all I've got for a little while longer

percy

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    I have a good sense about the new CEO and believe he's going to take this company up a couple of gears to the next level by really driving a latest fashion digital based marketing strategy with contemporaneous strong expansion of Glassons in Australia. The more Glassons expands in Australia the more brand awareness and more customers driven to their website and the more efficiency in their internal systems through volume expansion all driving a virtuous circle of profit growth . Heck we might even see an NZX50 index inclusion when this hits $5 or so next year. All those index tracker funds would then have to buy...that would be sad wouldn't it I reckon those selling in recent days will look back and rue their impulse to take a quick buck or three. He'll probably make Di Humpheries look second rate.
    May be time to check to see who is in the driving seat in Oz.

You guys pointing out this years first half +50% is on top of a strong first half last year gives me the warm fuzzies ...strong growth following strong growth is good

What’s exciting though is that last years second half wasn’t particularly strong compared to the year before. So the question is how much is growth going to be in the second half this year ... intuitively one would have to say heaps more than 50% (seeing its being compared to a subdued half last year)

Jeremy ....thought about that or is this logic really stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    May be time to check to see who is in the driving seat in Oz.
    Got the right name

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    You guys pointing out this years first half +50% is on top of a strong first half last year gives me the warm fuzzies ...strong growth following strong growth is good

What’s exciting though is that last years second half wasn’t particularly strong compared to the year before. So the question is how much is growth going to be in the second half this year ... intuitively one would have to say heaps more than 50% (seeing its being compared to a subdued half last year)

I think this year is set to be a cracker Winner. I'm not so sure about beyond that. The test will really be if they can grow again in FY19. If they can they are definitely onto something. Historically their profit has swung between 13m and 18m with a few years in the early 20s. They have not delivered multiple of years of growth for a long time (hence its been seen as a solid dividend player, rather than a growth play). Glassons AU has consistently been a poor performer with a small negative or positive NPAT contribution so if they get that firing they'll naturally pick up NPAT range consistently in future. Australia is definitely where the growth opportunities are in terms of profitability. NZ will continue to perform, but historically profit has swung around and I see that will continue to some degree in future years dependant on the economy and the weather.

What excited me about the ASM is there was a lot of talk about GROWTH. I haven't heard that from Hallensteins Glassons in a while. Australia seems to be going really well and expanding the Hallensteins brand could be a positive play. It was great to hear their Melbourne Central store is going well above expectations. Melbourne is very hip so it shows they're getting their styling right.

Storm remains disappointing and I think they need to make a decision about that one at some point. It's never really made a significant contribution and the brand is not all that strong.

So all in all you're probably sick of hearing from me on this thread but I do think it's pretty exciting. Wouldn't mind working for them myself

Super Investor

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post

WhatÂ’s exciting though is that last years second half wasnÂ’t particularly strong compared to the year before. So the question is how much is growth going to be in the second half this year ... intuitively one would have to say heaps more than 50% (seeing its being compared to a subdued half last year)

Surely it was the second half that moved all your ratios. I thought the 1st half was rather week.

CROIC, margin and TPM all moved ahead.

Im expecting an increased second half $12m
    h2